UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I'd be all over a collectors' set of that. Pleeease!
I will be all over that series as well Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These (since we are getting Space Battleship Yamato soon), Golden Kamuy, Bungou Stray Dogs, Hinamatsuri, Chio's School Road and Teasing Master Takagi-San which are most requested anime.

Q3 and Q4 better be good

I can’t see us getting a LE as manga hasn’t remade a FUNi LE they’ve always been the ones that have been in print in US at time of announcement and the US set has been OOP for a long while now.
And the fact Sarazanmai got rejected over an Isekai still shows to me even if we get maid dragon Manga has a long way to go to get me supporting them again.

So, given the confirmation that AL will no longer be releasing season 1 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, what are the prospects of a UK release for that all-in box set that includes both seasons, the film and the spin-offs?
While the idea sounds great, I don't think it might be possible. I can definitely see the entire franchise making a UK return in Blu-ray format, but they may have to split up into TV series (both seasons), Shorts (do note that the BD for this was exclusive to the LE so it might not come over here in that format, but if it does expect it to be very limited in print) and the Film.

I will be all over that series as well Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These (since we are getting Space Battleship Yamato soon), Golden Kamuy, Bungou Stray Dogs, Hinamatsuri, Chio's School Road and Teasing Master Takagi-San which are most requested anime.

Q3 and Q4 better be good
Manga will be offering more catalog titles for Q3 and Q4, but it comes down to whether there is enough demand, whether they can really sell here, and whether it gets the approval.

Manga never fail to impress me with their treatment of collectors editions. Even though the booklet and dvds were together in cellophane wrap, they still took the genius decision to glue it to the back of the set! B5123FB2-A3DA-416D-A77E-33A64674FC96.jpeg

Manga never fail to impress me with their treatment of collectors editions. Even though the booklet and dvds were together in cellophane wrap, they still took the genius decision to glue it to the back of the set! View attachment 12936
You can blame Funimation for that one, as this is just the Funimation LE, with the discs re-coded to Region B, and the BBFC ratings added to the discs. Funimation LEs had this problem before, from what I've read.

I had one small dot of that really soft, rubbery stuff like they use to attach credit cards to the letter stock they send them to you on, right in the center, holding the book to the US Funimation LE box. I just pulled the book off gently and easily rolled the rubbery spot off the box. There wasn't any kind of stiff, tacky glue dots on the US Funi LE.

I had one small dot of that really soft, rubbery stuff like they use to attach credit cards to the letter stock they send them to you on, right in the center, holding the book to the US Funimation LE box. I just pulled the book off gently and easily rolled the rubbery spot off the box. There wasn't any kind of stiff, tacky glue dots on the US Funi LE.
Well, I stand corrected.

Manga Entertainment has pushed all April releases to May, resulting in a new schedule:

May 4
Fire Force: Season One Part One (Episodes 1-12)
Hellsing Ultimate: Volume 9 – 10 Collection
Black Clover: Season Two Part One
May 11
Wise Man’s Grand Child: The Complete Series
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 – The Complete Series
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season One Part Two
May 18
RADIANT: Season One Part Two
May 25
Star Blazers Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Part One
Black Clover: Season Two Part Two
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Set Three (Episodes 27-39)
Hetalia World Party Collection: Seasons Five & Six

jX1d4Y0h.jpg

Alr4C6vh.jpg

TLJEFL6h.jpg

hy5cV4Yh.jpg

H0a7KZth.jpg

LlEIXI6h.jpg

EVG4J5NUcAEAxoz

There's more but here's some of them. Have fun. If you like those Bongos, you're in for a treat.

Guess Nichijou lost. I can’t support manga anymore. I can’t support this much. I’ll get maid dragon if it’s £20 for the hole in my Takemoto collection that’s it.

Last edited:
Guess Bungo and Nichijou lost. I can’t support manga anymore. I can’t support this.
This backwards view of anime I’ll get maid dragon if it’s £20 for the hole in my Takemoto collection that’s it.
Bungo Stray Dogs Seasons 1-2 is coming this July
Bungo Stray Dogs Season 3 is coming this September

Surprised that Prison School is there despite having been blown out in the AL/Funi UK Clearance sale. Unlike AssClass that was already a complete collection, too. oo

Never heard of Cop Craft before among those titles. (Does look rather trashy though.)

Dragon Maid BD
Bungou Stray Dogs BD
New Game BD
MHA S2 complete collection BD
Sign me up.

A slightly upset that Golden Kamuy, Chio's School Road, Teasing Tagaki San and Hinamatsuri did not make the cut but hopefully there will be in Q4 along with Bookworm, Quintuplets and ReLIFE.
The return of Assassination Classroom, Wixoss, Hyouka and Ouran would be cool as well.

Overwise nice job MangaUK for bringing some variety this time around.

Last edited:
Also what happened to Food Wars Third Plate and Haikyuu S2 onwards or MVM will recuse those series in the near future?

I don't recall Third Plate ever being announced? Maybe I missed that but should be a given (I'd hope) & as you mentioned, Golden Kamuy.

Haikyuu S2 along with Flying Witch look to be cancelled seeing as it's been so long since either were announced :( ...paging @MVM pls.

Nice to see Stray Dog's being taken out of that limbo status, no sign of Free, Ace Attorney or Joker Game picking up the same treatment though :(

Never heard of Cop Craft before among those titles. (Does look rather trashy though.)
From Summer last year. An odd couple/buddy cop show. Mainly "case of the week" (although the writing was a bit poor with stories ending/starting half way through episodes) with a bit of an overarching plot. Both characters are pretty good.
Some good dramatic beats and funny moments, although the funniest could well be trashy for some people when the female switched bodies with a cat and the cat in the girls body gets very affectionate with the male, with lots of fanservice as she happened to be in bed when it happened and is only wearing a nighty! Not that I remember it well 😏

I'm disappointed in all of you for not recognising Dumbbells. Now there's currently no word on a limited edition from Funimation's end but if it does happen I hope that it gets brought over.

I remember it being silly and fun so depending on what they’d include in an LE I may be swayed.

I already have Madman's releases of Dragon Maid (I bought that last year), as I didn't think a UK release was going to happen, the Fairy Tail BDs, (the Guild Collections to be exact), and Prison School (the latter was before Anime Limited did their Funimation clearance sale last year).

But I'm glad I waited for Bungo Stray Dogs in the end, so I'm definitely getting those. I will also be going for New Game and Dumbbells. I already have Sony's part sets of My Hero Academia Season 2 and I'm far behind on the One Piece sets, so that will be on the back burner. The rest are try-before-you-buys (that includes the rest of High School DxD).

Back