UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Hate to burst some bubbles but I'm pretty sure planning, manufacturing and shipping a whole new edition would cause further delays.
True, but they still haven't released a final pack shot even when it was due in a few weeks...

And I think you've forgotten the mantra of every anime fan in the UK!

"Never look at the release date, it won't make it anyway!" 🧐

Don't forget the second.
"It'll have a release date eventually."
Still waiting for them to announce when they are releasing the Persona 5 anime. I know the rights were got ages back but nothing has been done yet for it.

I received an email from Anime-On-Line regarding an order which contained Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 CE confirming its dispatch.

slime part 2 is currently unavailable on amazon to pre-order, guessing it's related to the non-essential items thing amazon are doing from the begining of april

The amount of glue on the Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 CE box and booklet is ridiculous. It must have been between 30 and 40 glue spots. Even though I was very careful with peeling them off, the booklet got damaged nonetheless. :mad:

So we are getting Mob Psycho’s II LE but we didn’t get S1’s????????

It doesn't seem to make any sense to release the LE of Season 2 if they couldn't release the LE for Season 1 (probably due to the US LE already being out of print at the time of the UK release).

Normally, I tend to get LEs/CEs whenever possible, unless I have a standard edition of a previous season. Because I have a standard edition of Season 1, I won't be going for the LE of Season 2 and go for the standard edition for the sake of consistency.

EDIT: Then again, the fact that the LE for Season 2 is getting a UK release does make it easier for those who ended up importing the Season 1 LE back when it was in print, and it would save them from importing this time round.

Last edited:
Yeah I wasn’t saying the spoon was good. And the whole Sarazanmai omission for shite Isekai is what I really care about, but collectors care about consistency but this ain’t a surprise after all we got MHA S3 CE after S2 was SE only. I may get the CE but maybe not considering I will importing something that should get a UK release but fails the manga test.

So, given the confirmation that AL will no longer be releasing season 1 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, what are the prospects of a UK release for that all-in box set that includes both seasons, the film and the spin-offs?
I would like to see Manga do a re-release of the whole series on BD then again Manga is being too safe of releasing action and isekai atm.
Hopefully Q3 and Q4 will be more slice of life, comedy and romance focused and their have been listening to our feedback on social media.

So, given the confirmation that AL will no longer be releasing season 1 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, what are the prospects of a UK release for that all-in box set that includes both seasons, the film and the spin-offs?
It definitely falls into the bracket of shows I would upgrade from dvd to blu ray. Especially if they did a nice collectors set!

Back