UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

The first 2 parts of Hellsing Ultimate were released a long time ago now. Manga uk also had a spate of not finishing part releases back around then meaning those of us that bought them had to import the other parts from Australia.
They did it with kai too, no release date or plans for the buu saga etc too.

I have a few manga uk releases I had to import to complete. If you're going to release a series you should release it all, not just throw out every license you get just to see what sticks and abandon the less successful.

I fail to see how that would leave anyone without a long lasting, sour taste in their mouth.

But Funi can’t possibly be the bad guy, it has to be Jerome because his opinions aren’t in line with everyone in the UK anime community.
Funi aren't exactly a good company, but if you remember at the time Jerome was going on wild rants against most of the other companies in the industry.

Last edited:
Jerome = COO of Manga UK: Meet The Manga UK Team! | MangaUK

To be fair:
Release dates announced by all 3 british anime publishers always tend to be very optimistic. Delays are way more common than e.g. in the USA. But we all learned to deal with that? As long it's only delays, not cancellations or missing 2nd seasons.
It might be that materials got delivered late, artworks / packaging designs are pending to approvals or a tight working shedule.
Various publishers in continental europe suffer similar problems.

I'm surprised they continue to bother with some of these releases. Hellsing Ultimate part sets have been in completion limbo for around a decade. Kai buu saga we were told there was no release date or plan to release. Soul Eater was cancelled as there wasn't a big enough market.

It seems like shooting yourself in the foot. It's manga uk that pushed me to get a region free bluray player, before then I only bought English releases.

Maybe they'll announce & release the 2nd half of Casshern Sins soon or XAM'D :p

all this talk about manga dropping set releases has me wondering if i should bother with their new continuation of Fairy Tail, but on the other hand it's making me wonder how many they're selling of each naruto set because they've pretty much released the full set on dvd now

While I am happy to see Fairy Tail make a return to the UK market but I feel that bringing the series back with the collections is a bad move. Basically the series is done and Funimation will eventually release the Final Season, but there's a chance at some point they will re-release the series in much bigger collection sets like Madman has done (Parts [1-cour] -> Collection [2-cour] -> Guild Collection [4-cour]).

Now having checked the Japanese releases, they are bringing the series onto Blu-ray in almost the same disc count as Funimation. I suspect reverse importation will prevent Funimation from re-releasing the series any further outside of parts and 2-cour collection sets.

they'll probably do what they did with black clover and release the final season in 5 parts with 12x4 and 11x1 (no idea what episode numbers are in the black clover sets) and then 2 collections with that 51 split or because it's the considered the final season they bundle it all into 1

While I am happy to see Fairy Tail make a return to the UK market but I feel that bringing the series back with the collections is a bad move. Basically the series is done and Funimation will eventually release the Final Season, but there's a chance at some point they will re-release the series in much bigger collection sets like Madman has done (Parts [1-cour] -> Collection [2-cour] -> Guild Collection [4-cour]).

If I'm correct, Madman never released Fairy Tail in 2-cour Collection sets just like Funimation and Manga did, just the 1-cour Part sets (which Madman called "Collection" sets over there) and the 4-cour Guild Collection sets.

Still at least £100 for one show. And as it has 3 seasons now iirc that’s a lot. Especially as I’m only enjoying it on it’s a trashy show that knows it’s crap and the fact it has good visuals.

Back