UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

In other Manga related news my copy of Code Geass arrived today which I immediately checked for all illegal activity and I am happy to say it's still the version that is too spicy for the BBFC (uncensored).

It has a nice reversable cover as well

Jeez the prices £24 for Beck no thanks.... ill wait till a sale
a sale on something manga?
c5f.gif

I noticed Railgun S is on Zavvi with a different cover than the original one that was released a while back A Certain Scientific Railgun - Season 2 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

does anyone know if this is a new version? I recall season 2 of that and index had used a DVD size combi pack so I'm wondering this was changed to match up with S1's BD sets

They do it with the main Index series too. It's quite annoying really as I get confused to whether I own it or not.
Now if only they'd at least announce season 3 but I haven't seen any news on that front for a release.

i spotted the SAVE version on up1 for £14.95 if you're interested, i don't know about the AL version but atleast this will be NTSC

Anime Limited's version was also NTSC. In fact, the only PAL DVD released by AL (as far as I'm aware) were 009 Re:Cyborg (due to Madman's authoring) and Maquia (due to restrictions by Showgate/Hakuhodo DY MaP). The rest were NTSC (any titles requiring the DVD version to be PAL would end up BD only, as AL would normally refuse to release PAL DVDs).

Anime Limited's version was also NTSC. In fact, the only PAL DVD released by AL (as far as I'm aware) were 009 Re:Cyborg (due to Madman's authoring) and Maquia (due to restrictions by Showgate/Hakuhodo DY MaP). The rest were NTSC (any titles requiring the DVD version to be PAL would end up BD only, as AL would normally refuse to release PAL DVDs).
Miss Hokusai's collector's edition exclusive DVD disc was also PAL from what I heard.

Because Manga.... They love messing about all their earlier supporters who bought part sets they weren't willing to complete.
It's not that they weren't willing to complete it it was that someone, probably Jerome, said something that royally ticked off Funimation causing them to pull all their licences around the time the original release was being planned.

As hard as it is to say the strategy he implemented seems to be working the LEs they release sell out etc bar the U turn on streaming cos Netflix came running that is still silly. Stream stuff like Amagi, K-ON, Snafu here.

Back