UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

while we're on the subject of weird LE choices, was it ever mentioned why Franxx didn't get one? i thought that show was pretty popular, i saw my fair share of zero two cosplays online a lot so i assumed it was
I'm pretty sure the US got fancy editions, but we didn't. If the UK got them, then they must have sold fast

Yeah we didn’t. But I think that was because manga didn’t know how it was gonna do LEs cos we had Overlord II with Zavvi and I don’t think that did well but who knows.

I haven't seen Pancreas yet but it doesn't seem too dissimilar from Silent Voice or Your Name (which you obviously liked) so dont be too hasty!

Are they pure romances though? Maybe. I liked Silent Voice because it was well presented film on bullying and Your Name put a fun sort of mystery twist on it that kept going deeper.

I would say Your Name is. It’s a fairy tale.

I do enjoy fairy tale style tellings so that explains that, anything that adds mystery, intrigue or suspense and you have my attention.

@Azar Since I got called out for my comment on romance I will elaborate on my dislike for the genre, it's too vanilla. It's already everywhere from Hulk kissing Black Widow to all the teen drama in the world and it's always utterly pointless even if it's the focus of a show imo. Hell even in Your Name if you took the romantic elements out of it then literally nothing changes story wise as all the borderline sci-fi stuff is pushing events forward anyway, frankly the romance is there just to round it out.

This is all imo naturally, and if you do enjoy that genre then more power to you.

As for pancreas... yeah no zombie boyfriend no buy :p (give me the twist besides the soap opera she's dying stuff) Also my christmas purchases are too much to take on another show anyway lol.

Last edited:
Most of the Q2 titles below are now available to pre-order on Amazon (the rest should go live within the next couple of days):
(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Sooo over on AOL they seem to be adding some former Anime Limited Funi releases under the Manga banner. Annoyingly that Assassination Classroom double season bundle is one of them (after I grabbed them from AL's Christmas sales as well which works out to cost even more despite the discount 😭 )

Sooo over on AOL they seem to be adding some former Anime Limited Funi releases under the Manga banner. Annoyingly that Assassination Classroom double season bundle is one of them (after I grabbed them from AL's Christmas sales as well which works out to cost even more despite the discount 😭 )
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder if Noragami Aragoto will be one of them.

Back