UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

When I watch anime, I watch the OP and ED once on the first episode and then skip everything extraneous after that, so I'm viewing one continuous "movie." So, chapter markers are extremely important to me. If my guests want to see the OP more than once, I can do that as well, and still skip everything else using proper chapter markers. I don't have the time or desire to watch a bunch of "commercials" - OP, ED, credits, previews, reviews, and especially disc-opening trailers. We are inundated with commercials on television, so much so I cut the cord on all TV reception years ago - I buy Blu-rays specifically to get away from all that. I also have no desire to watch any on-disc extras, so I totally avoid them.

Last edited:
When I watch anime, I watch the OP and ED once on the first episode and then skip everything extraneous after that, so I'm viewing one continuous "movie." So, chapter markers are extremely important to me. If my guests want to see the OP more than once, I can do that as well, and still skip everything else using proper chapter markers. I don't have time to watch a bunch of "commercials."

it would be nice if anime blu-rays took advantage of this more often, i think the first or second season of Attack on titan has something like this where it only played the OP and ED at the start of the first episode and the end of the last episode but then again it would probably be more of a pain to cater to each person because not everyone will watch just 4 episodes or 9 episodes in 1 go

I just don't need to hear the same two songs every half-hour and repeated 6-8 times a night when I'm marathoning through an anime - no matter how much I like a song. And yes, I do have a few Blu-rays with a "movie mode" selection in the menu, that is a most awesome invention, I totally love that. I wish they included the feature for all Blu-ray series.

I usually find hitting right on the keyboard 3 times is about right to skip the OP/ED for streaming

And my PC tends to ignore chapter markers regardless if they're correctly placed on disk so I never use them

I've only recently started watching the OP/ED for almost every episode, but it also depends on the series. I always watch all the ED for Cowboy Bebop for instance. But I agree, sometimes it's nice to just watch it as a continuous stream, especially if it's tense and exciting.

Coming to Manga's Q2 2020 slate we have:
  • Black Clover: Complete Season 1 (episodes 1-51)
  • Black Clover: Season 2 Part 2
  • Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 3
  • Fairy Tail: Collection 3 for Blu-ray
  • Fire Force Season 1 Part 1
  • Hetalia: World Party (Seasons 5-6)
  • RADIANT Season 1 Part 2 (+ LE)
  • Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202
  • Wise Man's Grandchild (+ LE)

i guess that explains why after years of being OOP the first 2 collections of Fairy Tail suddenly slowly popped back in stock around christmas i just hope Manga is more open to releasin more olderish funi releases i'm still waiting on Chio's School Road, Hinamatsuri and Dragon Maid and while i do know these are B compatible i'd rather have local copies and save what has no chance in coming over for importing

Coming to Manga's Q2 2020 slate we have:
  • Black Clover: Complete Season 1 (episodes 1-51)
  • Black Clover: Season 2 Part 2
  • Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 3
  • Fairy Tail: Collection 3 for Blu-ray
  • Fire Force Season 1 Part 1
  • Hetalia: World Party (Seasons 5-6)
  • RADIANT Season 1 Part 2 (+ LE)
  • Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202
  • Wise Man's Grandchild (+ LE)
Notting intresting for my

Slime Season 1 Part 2 LE did not make the cut, especially as the regular release is out next month.
I thought as much, at least Radiant is apparently getting one so I may get it even if the first season wasn’t that great (2nd season is a marked improvement.) Wonder how popular Wise Man’s Grandchild will be.

UGHhhhhh manga is really pushing pushing my limits more Isekai crap getting LEs and all these SOL KyoAni shows are ignored.... if even and sarazanmai end up ignored whenever they are that's me out.

Also wait is that only S5 and 6 of Hetalia not the rest. What the....

Back