UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

All you need to know right here:

Oh boy 1 entire second of content we must avert our eyes from.

Yeah I remember losing all repsect for the BBFC when they banned Manhunt 2. So I'm with everyone saying we don't need them

Oh boy 1 entire second of content we must avert our eyes from.

Yeah I remember losing all repsect for the BBFC when they banned Manhunt 2. So I'm with everyone saying we don't need them

Not one second, 1 frame. 1 second is the smallest unit that the BBFC can state. It was a scene where someone was looking through a bunch of photos on a phone. One of the photos was the offending article. They obbviously thought people would all freeze frame at that point and be triggered. Beez dealt with it by repeating a frame.

Not one second, 1 frame. 1 second is the smallest unit that the BBFC can state. It was a scene where someone was looking through a bunch of photos on a phone. One of the photos was the offending article. They obbviously thought people would all freeze frame at that point and be triggered. Beez dealt with it by repeating a frame.

I am more amazed they found it in the first place, I doubt it would have registered with me. Maybe someone was in a bad mood and were pausing it throughout the episode just looking for something.

It's not anime I know but given Manga did release it here and I cant find any info at all about them, I was curious about their release of Adventure Time on Blu Ray, in particular the just released seasons 1-5 set. I so want to get it but I dont know how it compares to the US/Aus releases
(I'm still mindblown Manga of all companies has released AT on BD here at all considering the poor state of its original UK DVD release)

Last edited:
It's not anime I know but given Manga did release it here and I cant find any info at all about them, I was curious about their release of Adventure Time on Blu Ray, in particular the just released seasons 1-5 set. I so want to get it but I dont know how it compares to the US/Aus releases
(I'm still mindblown Manga of all companies has released AT on BD here at all considering the poor state of its original UK DVD release)

I can only comment on check discs, and am also only as far as S2 when it comes to watching for review, but it looks like all the episodes counts and extras are the same across the board. The Blurays look really good for the amount of content they have on them.

I can only comment on check discs, and am also only as far as S2 when it comes to watching for review, but it looks like all the episodes counts and extras are the same across the board. The Blurays look really good for the amount of content they have on them.
Thanks, that is very reassuring to hear considering Manga said their Bojack Horseman BDs would not have the extras (but it did anyway)

Check disc report.

Had a quick look at OPM and Jojo's and it's true... Kaze are gone. These are the Viz discs. I feel so sorry for everyone. We're now going to have to put up with discs that can show text translations and subtitles at the same time, discs with audio and subtitles not locked during playback, discs that resume playback where you left off if you press stop. It's a total step down from Kaze's brilliance!

Check disc report.

Had a quick look at OPM and Jojo's and it's true... Kaze are gone. These are the Viz discs. I feel so sorry for everyone. We're now going to have to put up with discs that can show text translations and subtitles at the same time, discs with audio and subtitles not locked during playback, discs that resume playback where you left off if you press stop. It's a total step down from Kaze's brilliance!
Well I'm glad those shows will have a better chance now, especially JoJo.

Check disc report.

Don't Viz discs usually have subtitles locked during playback (their release of Death Note and Sailor Moon (S1 Part 2 onwards) being an exception)?

I'm guessing they're Madman authors if they're optional as both One-Punch Man and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are noted to have locked subtitles in Viz's releases.

It would be nice if manga U.K. could release some one piece Blu-Ray content that hasn’t been sold in the U.K. yet. Such as film gold, 3D2Y, heart of gold, episode of East Blue, etc...

Last edited:
Back