UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Keeping my fingers cross for Funimation discs. That Kaze Code Geass distribution was egregious, they had their usual subtitle issue where they couldn't do dialogue and signs, and they left most of the extras out of R2. Definitely worth the double dip. Ironically, the US release of One Punch Man is down on extras compared to the Kaze.

Nice to see Jojo getting uk releases again after Kaze did nothing with it, though it is somewhat painfull since I bought the australian blu rays for part 1-3 about a month ago. As for Code Geass how large of a difference is there between kaze and funi? I haven't watched it on blu rays yet so I wonder if it would be worth double dipping if they use funi master.

guess i should get rid of my Code Geass Kaze releases before they lose anymore value , wonder if i should try and hold out to see if Manga re-release nisekoi too

Some great news!
I have the spanish release of Pancreas so will def be getting this one to see how it compares to the english.

More Jojo is great. Really enjoyed the first season.
May double dip for Geas to upgrade to blu ray. But more hopeful that this will mean Akito will eventually follow.

It'll be nice to have Code Geass with a subtitle track that actually works seems like a good idea to get rid of my KAZE release before it's not even worth doing that

Yeah but the Manga twitter account has often said they have no plans for something only for it to happen a month or two later. (Especially when it comes to std releases of collectors.) So I'm not going to pay much attention to that statement. If code geass sells well then they will definitely release it if they are now getting all the Kaze rights.

Yeah but the Manga twitter account has often said they have no plans for something only for it to happen a month or two later. (Especially when it comes to std releases of collectors.) So I'm not going to pay much attention to that statement. If code geass sells well then they will definitely release it if they are now getting all the Kaze rights.
Yes that’s why I said “yet” especially if Kaze have only just lost the licenses to those titles I can see maybe manga waiting to release the show and maybe the film (as the film is AB) and Akito be lower priority as it’s not as well known.

I can live with Manga handling Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection to be honest. The Movie Trilogy is a separate thing so for my shelf it'll be fine.

If Manga does rescue the UK rights for Code Geass: Akito the Exiled and Terra Formars then that would be great.

Back