UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Manga Entertainment's Q4 2019 slate is now appearing on Amazon.

Anime:
Black Clover: Season 1 Part 5 aka Episodes 40-51 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 2 aka Episodes 14-26 (Blu-ray)
Dragon Ball Super: Part 7 aka Episodes 79-91 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Dragon Ball Super: Part 8 aka Episodes 92-104 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Goblin Slayer: Complete Series (Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD - Blu-ray - DVD)
Naruto Shippuden: Complete Season 10 aka Episodes 459-500 (DVD)
Naruto Shippuden: Set 38 aka Episodes 487-500 (DVD)
Okko's Inn (Blu-ray - DVD)

Non-Anime:
Adventure Time: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Adventure Time: Complete Season 2 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Adventure Time: Complete Season 3 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Adventure Time: Complete Season 4 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Adventure Time: Complete Season 5 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Adventure Time: Complete Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray - DVD)
BoJack Horseman: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray - DVD)
BoJack Horseman: Complete Season 2 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Samurai Jack: Complete Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Steven Universe: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray - DVD)
Steven Universe: Complete Season 2 (Blu-ray - DVD)

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Non-Anime if they are going down that Road what would it take to get Billy and mandy out on BD?

Non-Anime if they are going down that Road what would it take to get Billy and mandy out on BD?
i wonder if they're willing to author their own discs with some atleast decent upscaling (or even go down the path of trying to get HD scanned masters) or if they're only really releasing stuff with BD masters already

is there any chance of funi/manga releasing previous season of Fairy Tail before they eventually release the final season over here if they even plan to?

is there any chance of funi/manga releasing previous season of Fairy Tail before they eventually release the final season over here if they even plan to?
I would say it's possible on the condition that Funimation provide a new re-release for the franchise like Madman's Guild Collection that covers 4-cours content on Blu-ray only. In terms of actual content we are missing Fairy Tail Zero.

I can definitely see Manga UK taking over Fairy Tail Final Season since its only 51 episodes (i.e. 4 part release).

I would say it's possible on the condition that Funimation provide a new re-release for the franchise like Madman's Guild Collection that covers 4-cours content on Blu-ray only. In terms of actual content we are missing Fairy Tail Zero.

I can definitely see Manga UK taking over Fairy Tail Final Season since its only 51 episodes (i.e. 4 part release).
Just asked manga if they will release fairy tail 1-10
Hopefully no part sets!

Pretty much spot on.
Collection 1 and 2 are already out on blu ray. The rest I consider part sets.

image.jpg
IMHO, I would like to see Madman Entertainment re-print this Limited Edition box ^ which they previously released that contained the first 277 eps (which included Fairy Tail Zero) so that way Manga could get permission to clone it and then release it here in the UK. And then they could do the same again for the final season. But that's me just being hopeful.

View attachment 10324
IMHO, I would like to see Madman Entertainment re-print this Limited Edition box ^ which they previously released that contained the first 277 eps (which included Fairy Tail Zero) so that way Manga could get permission to clone it and then release it here in the UK. And then they could do the same again for the final season. But that's me just being hopeful.
There is always hope upupu.

If Funimation does re-release it I would be surprised if they re-author the discs like what they did with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (i.e. 10 discs from parts down to 8 discs for collections).

What's the point of releaseing adventure time when its only up to season 5 and I think the dvd release we got had missing episodes the same thing happened to regular show.

Last edited:
What's the point of releaseing adventure time when its only up to season 5 and I think the dvd release we got had missing episodes the same thing happened to regular show.
i don't really understand the point of releasing an incomplete boxset when the series has finished, if they only released the first couple seasons i'd probably understand they were testing the water but it seem honestly weird from a business point of view they decided to release both seasons 1-5 as separate releases and as an incomplete boxset

Back