UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

God damn, yes. Where's Jerome?

JEROME!!! If you're reading this thread, PLEASE DO THIS!!!!! ↑↑

Ahem. Yes. I'd love The Amazing World of Gumball on Blu-ray. Thanks. 👍

@~AyaMachi~: What say you?

I will actually cry if this does't happen! I don't know who Jerome is, but I don't think he would want to see me cry!

Would be an instant buy for us. Hell yes! 👍

(I also second thedoctor2016's recommendation for Samurai Jack - yes and please!!!)

(I also second thedoctor2016's recommendation for Samurai Jack - yes and please!!!)
Oh, we're definitely getting Samurai Jack. 👍
It's already listed for release on 2 December. It's all seasons (1–5).

I don't know who Jerome is, but I don't think he would want to see me cry!
Jerome is Jerome Mazandarini, the man in charge at Manga Entertainment, and the one who can make the ultimate decision. 🤞

Last edited:
Woah, woah, woah, woah!, when did Manga UK decide to release Adventure Time and Steven Universe in the UK!?!. If they can make sure it's got the same content as the US releases I will be so getting them! (Shame about Bojack though since I looked up the US release and it's pretty packed extras wise)

EDIT - They have Samurai Jack too!?!, and its coming out in December!?!. Again if it's got the exact same content as the US release I am so getting it. Seriously its about time the UK started getting BD releases of many of the recent animated shows that the US and even AUS have enjoyed for years now

Regarding Soul Eater, I ended up getting Madman's BD release last year (during one of Madman's sales), as I didn't think that Manga would actually release it after they cancelled it last time they announced a BD release.

As for the other listed titles, Fruits Basket would be a definite yes for me, and Okko's Inn I may get if they keep the Japanese audio in the release as planned. Dragon Ball Super Part 9 I'll get as and when after release just like 7 and 8 (I've yet to get the already released Parts 5 and 6), I'll probably consider Naruto Shippuden and Boruto, but I need to check out Naruto first, and as for Black Clover (all 5 parts), That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime and Goblin Slayer, I'm on the fence about those and will be "try before you buy" titles, which will be done via legal streaming.

And as for the Cartoon Network titles and Bojack Horseman, I currently have no plans for those as they don't really appeal to me. But, to each their own.

Last edited:
Ooo Samurai Jack... It's not quite anime but close enough. As for soul eater.... Well I got that imported after manga uk delisted the bluray preorder last time.
Manga UK really do have screwing UK customers down to an art form.

Back