UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

still no Chio, also this thing of the 2nd seasons that either manga published themself a while ago or sonyfuni not having slipcases but the 1st and 3rd seasons having them is going to drive me nuts

S1s CE sold out fast, and that was at a lower price point. Its only safe to assume that its a case of a mixture between set drop off, and higher retail price.
also to add onto this is probably because no one wants to use zavvi unless they're forced to

still no Chio, also this thing of the 2nd seasons that either manga published themself a while ago or sonyfuni not having slipcases but the 1st and 3rd seasons having them is going to drive me nuts

also to add onto this is probably because no one wants to use zavvi unless they're forced to
AL forces you too occasionally so they must have some popularity with distributors of niche products. But tbh Ive never had a package from zavvi damaged. And if Zavvi is the only place that doesnt charge at preorder they may get used more from now on from me.

AL forces you too occasionally so they must have some popularity with distributors of niche products. But tbh Ive never had a package from zavvi damaged. And if Zavvi is the only place that doesnt charge at preorder they may get used more from now on from me.

ive had many items damaged by zavvi,

I really dislike that the AoT collectors have the booklet built into the digi pack. It makes it significantly harder to read than it needs to be. Make the booklet separate for crying out loud!

Fyi anyone looking for the Overlord 3 CE Amazon Canada are selling it for ~£50 including shipping ex vat. Its £66 on UP1 plus shipping so if you end up getting the grey slip it should be the same, if you don't you've saved near £20.

Very dissapointing Overlord doesn't get a LE. Mainly due to Manga's poor price point and zavvi exclusive. They should have dropped the fabric poster to save costs as well. I'm going to have to import now.
D8YvrG5WkAA5LLV

Yep I am among those extremely disappointed that the third season (and who knows could be the last) did not get the limited edition release. I feel Manga overestimated the planning for the Season 2 LE and messed it up completely.

I'm more baffled by Manga offering two limited editions for Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1, considering that Season 2 LE didn't sell out at all which was in the same problems as Overlord.

AL do it all the time. No one complained about a FILM being £50 two years ago and £90 now.
Overlord was not cheap no. But all the others do it. I aint paying £50 for Made in Abyss CE but who cares it has a nice book so everyone lapped it up. The divide between Manga and the others for doing the same is laughable.

I like what AL have done this year before someone says. (Bar PB)

Okay. This is the problem with CE only releases and CE based releases they may not sell. AL give everything a CE which I think is wrong as sadly wont sell look at SamFlam. I was concerned with this when Manga announced it as CEs didnt sell for them in the past I think FUNI forced it on them.
Also the biggest problem Id say with Overlord is you can't buy S1 anymore. Thats both ALs and manga/funis fault.

I pre ordered Overlord II CE day 1 and didn't complain about the price.

Don't put me on the same bag.
Considering how much the US version is including shipping and customs, I was fine with paying £49.99 day one for the LE set, plus the content was fine enough (booklet, nice box, fabric poster). It's designed for the fans either way.

Back