UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Manga in damage limitation mode again I see,
nothing of interst for me, as is usually the case with some of the UK distros, I get fed up and import, with Hellsing ultimate, I did it years ago (one of the main reasons I don't trust Manga anymore) oddly enough the Overlord CE being zavvi only made me import and I got a huge bargain, so on that one I'm glad I don't buy from Zavvi.

I like how Manga says they didn't have any concrete plans for a Overlord II SE now, like why did you give what looked like a pretty concrete answer when you were asked about it then?

Also "Sorry you felt misled", really? Not "sorry we were misleading", no sorry you felt misled lol.

Anyway a MHA SE for Season 1 is very good news, I may move my CE on and pick that up. Oh yeah and Hellsing Ultimate getting a full set is pretty great too.

Last edited:
oh man we're finally getting the rest of Hellsing Ultimate!? That only took like 6 years but be damned if thats one of the big amaray cases that break the moment you open it for the first time

I've been rewatching the original Hellsing recently and I was considering importing Ultimate. This announcement was well timed!

I pre-ordered it and MHA. 😙

Come on guys I think we've all been fans long enough to not believe Manga at face value 😂
Did anybody actually think they wouldn't release a standard edition of Overlord???

Quite a few good releases from Manga that I'll be getting but what about the all important part 2 of Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Blu-ray, cause if ain't happening I'll have to get the USA release before the slipcovers disappear (and then funimation say they never had them)

Come on guys I think we've all been fans long enough to not believe Manga at face value 😂
Did anybody actually think they wouldn't release a standard edition of Overlord???
Considering the UK CE is just the US CE with the UK SE stuffed inside, it couldn't have been any more obvious.

I went to Sainsbury's today, to try and get their version of Broly (I want the artcards) and of course they didn't have it. I'll be trying a different (bigger) store tomorrow.

That said, I never go to Sainsbury's and I ended up buying some bread while I was in there - so I guess them getting an exclusive version has worked out well for them!

Back