UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Those were perfect. Didn't reflect the price it wasn't overly expensive and we didn't get a bunch of frivolous crap. Art cards, poster and cardboard slip. Perfect what CE should be.
Agreed, I liked how compact they were, and for me they felt like a step forward for Manga. They were better alternatives to the US LEs, which are just oversized (I’m still deliberating selling my Sentai Danmachi set and getting Mangas.)

I didn’t have an issue with the plastic slips or posters tbh, would have liked booklets but Manga don’t tend to do those very often.

AL and MVM have gone for the CE market you can see it. Manga hasn't and.... also they did lose a lot of those Sentai titles hence Jerome’s moan he didnt get Danmachi’s spinoff

I still don't get the CE mentality fans have. Sentai's Food wars one was ridiculous in comparison. I see some Fans often complain when there isn't a CE/LE when they should just be grateful they're getting the show. For example I didn't care if Konohana Kitan got a fancy pants release I just wanted to own it.

I don’t get it, either. Never have.

“Just the disc in a functional case” is all I ever ask for. And I have passed on releases that don’t do that, as not only do I lack the funds but I also lack storage space for (and any interest in) the additional goods.

See: T-shirt in avatar.
See: Vlog in my tagline.

What does this have to do with anything?
I’m saying the companies aren’t trying to compete anymore they are all carving out their own strategies.
And if CCS turns out to be legal or something all most this moaning will be rendered invalid as most are blaming manga if it’s out of their hands.

I’m saying the companies aren’t trying to compete anymore they are all carving out their own strategies.
And if CCS turns out to be legal or something all most this moaning will be rendered invalid as most are blaming manga if it’s out of their hands.
The problem is that Manga are being ******* cowards and trying to cover it up rather than announce a cancellation and recall. It's in their financial interests for people to not know it's cancelled and keep their part 1s rather than return them for their money back. Manga need to try and recoup some of the BBFC, manufacturing, and distribution costs.

If it’s a legal or contractual problem, there’s every chance they literally can’t comment even if they wanted to. I’d at least give them a day or two to get a statement out before slagging then off in any case, but even if they don’t, there’s every chance it’s not their choice to be silent. Better to wait and see for now.

If it’s a legal or contractual problem, there’s every chance they literally can’t comment even if they wanted to. I’d at least give them a day or two to get a statement out before slagging then off in any case, but even if they don’t, there’s every chance it’s not their choice to be silent. Better to wait and see for now.
Their constant stream of screwing over UK customers has not earnt them the benefit of the doubt. As far as I'm concerned, it's, at best, a result of poor management on their part and thus still their fault.

Their constant stream of screwing over UK customers has not earnt them the benefit of the doubt. As far as I'm concerned, it's, at best, a result of poor management on their part and thus still their fault.
"Constant' This and MFKZ has been within a week what else oh the IMAX being dubbed that was disappointing. But AL mastered Q1 disappointment this year

"Constant' This and MFKZ has been within a week what else oh the IMAX being dubbed that was disappointing. But AL mastered Q1 disappointment this year
MFKZ theatrical was dub-only. Pokemon Movie 21 wasn't a steelbook to match movie 20.
IMAX Dragon Ball didn't have any subtitles for onscreen text despite being dub-only.
Overlord II is just a standard edition inside Funi's artbox, but no standard edition has been listed.

And that's just lately. Plenty more examples in 2018 and earlier. Manga constantly screw us, at some point it has to be intentional.

I also recall the faulty chapter markings in the SAC Deluxe Edition set that was rectified for the standard release. Would have appreciated a disc replacement scheme, even if I had to pay postage myself.

I still don't get the CE mentality fans have. Sentai's Food wars one was ridiculous in comparison. I see some Fans often complain when there isn't a CE/LE when they should just be grateful they're getting the show. For example I didn't care if Konohana Kitan got a fancy pants release I just wanted to own it.

Personally speaking I am a big fan of CEs because if I like a show enough to be putting out money on it, then naturally I'm a big enough fan to want even more of the franchise in whatever form it takes. In fact I'm more likely not to buy a set if it's just a standard edition sometimes because otherwise the extras in a CE are a good way of enticing me. I only really own Grimgar because AL gave it a nice set with a booklet...

I do think Sentai put a bit too much rubbish in their releases, but AL and MVM have a good balance. Manga were doing okay with their sets but then they took all the good bits out of DanMachi and for one of my favourite series I bought sentai's instead. (I have MVM's set for SO as they kept the pieces I was interested in from Sentai's set).

I understand why some people are put off by the rapidly growing CE more, but that's why it's important to have standards from day 1 or shortly after. I'm just saying that I'm one of the people who puts more money into this industry because of CEs.

I also recall the faulty chapter markings in the SAC Deluxe Edition set that was rectified for the standard release. Would have appreciated a disc replacement scheme, even if I had to pay postage myself.
They replaced them for people who complained on Twitter, then when others went to enquire about replacements their response was basically tough ****.

Back