UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

this is nothing unusual for Manga and Funi really, Manga do have a fairly bad rep, from years ago, Funi's recent behavior has been awful (messed up releases, chopping and changing distro) so this really isn't new.
I still remember when most of fandom called them Mangle because of there shoody treatment of some series.

Remember hellsing ultimate? We never got the last two episodes.
That’s a different company and it’s unfair to use it to beat them starz’s manga is long gone and I could just go AOT constantly if I wanted to moan about manga but I can see they have massively improved. And I have a feeling FUNi was involving in why we never got the end of that. FUNi has got worst. Especially internationally. They really believe fruits basket is gonna do so well for them it’s cute kind of

Doc is right, raking Manga over the coals for stuff that happened almost 10 years ago at this point when ownership and leadership has drastically shifted isn't right at all. Manga have been on great form these last few years, cut them some slack. This is one hiccup for sure, but can you actually name the last time they made a mistake this bad?

That’s a different company and it’s unfair to use it to beat them starz’s manga is long gone and I could just go AOT constantly if I wanted to moan about manga but I can see they have massively improved. And I have a feeling FUNi was involving in why we never got the end of that. FUNi has got worst. Especially internationally. They really believe fruits basket is gonna do so well for them it’s cute kind of

AOT? As in Attack on Titan? There was something wrong with that release? oo

So its Funimation/Sony screwing us over then? :rolleyes:
I think that’s where the smart money is. Both in this case and with the AL releases that got cancelled they were sub-licences from Funi, and in both cases there’s been radio silence from the local distro about it. Wouldn’t surprise me now if it’s actually the case Funi have imposed some kind of gag order type deal on Manga and AL to stop them from looking bad. They do have a lot of power when it comes to holding licenses.

Manga had a good run of CEs recently too (Food Wars S1, Amagi, Danmachi, MLS), it’s just a shame they aren’t doing any more of them. I admit that I don’t buy much from them compared to other UK companies, but I do buy their recurring releases like the Shippuden collections.

Those "CEs" were also a big fail you can see people didnt like them.
they are now for more casuals as DBS and MHa shows with the SEs and steelbooks and look like its working and going for the bigger titles of FUNi/CRs as we dont have stuff like Keijo and Citrus or Blood blockade battlefront S2

The only difference to Manga now and 10 years ago is some took twitter away from Jerome.
Every now and then they will do a good release, but for every Food Wars Season One there's a Raildex Season Two....

The only difference to Manga now and 10 years ago is some took twitter away from Jerome.
Every now and then they will do a good release, but for every Food Wars Season One there's a Raildex Season Two....
The problems with that lie that the company changed. Also omg different size boxes is a minor thing in manga long history of cock ups. And was Food Wars S1 even a good set I hate their plastic slipcovers so avoided all those "CEs"

Back