UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

As long as they're providing reasonable alternatives to CEs, then I don't think the price matters all that much? That's the issue I had with Overlord II, it's excessive pricing or nothing, at least here if you don't love Franxx enough to splash out that £50 or whatever, you still have options.

As long as they're providing reasonable alternatives to CEs, then I don't think the price matters all that much? That's the issue I had with Overlord II, it's excessive pricing or nothing, at least here if you don't love Franxx enough to splash out that £50 or whatever, you still have options.
Yea i i like franxx i have the usa releas aus releas and uk releas odert

So, if you've been keeping up with the Overseas anime thread, you'll know that Madman recently pulled their Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card release, and after someone noticed something weird on the Discord, I did some sleuthing and I think the same thing is going to happen in the UK.

Exhibit A:
lI82snO.png

UP1 has it marked down as Recalled by Publisher on their website

Exhibit B:
2LhwU2i.png

The release has been scrubbed from every retailer barring Amazon, including Manga's own website, which has also erased every mention of the licence being attained in the first place.

Exhibit C:
b6xtC1n.png

All mention of Cardcaptor Sakura has been erased from Manga's Twitter account, barring this one Tweet. However, that tweet contains a link, and the link no longer mentions the release at all, with the image and headline being altered to only mention Naruto.

Manga UK release Naruto Shippuden today! | MangaUK

Basically, if you want a copy of Part 1, I'd suggest buying one on Amazon now sooner rather than later, because this is going to vanish fast.

The US release is a 11mm case, is it? So US and UK wouldn't look too nice next to each other at all...
And it just had to happen with a release whose slipcover in the US is almost impossible to get anymore. x.x

Back