UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I was thinking of buying the new "Hosoda Collection" rerelease of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars and Wolf Children. Manga's release looks identical to Funimation's, but when I compare the Amazon pages for TGWLTT it seems like the UK release contains less special features and only on DVD. Is this correct or is the UK description incomplete?
Do Summer Wars and Wolf Children have the same discs as the US release?

I was thinking of buying the new "Hosoda Collection" rerelease of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars and Wolf Children. Manga's release looks identical to Funimation's, but when I compare the Amazon pages for TGWLTT it seems like the UK release contains less special features and only on DVD. Is this correct or is the UK description incomplete?
Manga just reused the discs from their original releases, rather than putting any effort into the new releases.

Summer Wars and Wolf Children are fine to go after. I own the original individual UK BDs and checked the contents with what was listed for the Hosoda Collection. The only difference is that the UK BDs were authored by Madman (Australia) and the DVDs are PAL.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time however is not worth supporting. The UK BD was authored by Selecta Vision (Spain) and there were reports of video quality not being great and some sub issues, plus there's no extras on the disc. The UK DVD is PAL and has all of the extras that Bandai US have to my knowledge.

Disappointing as they had an opportunity to use the Funimation master and completely blew it.

I just hope it will be one version for all regions so I can have english subs instead of bad dutch subs :') (Assuming it will be decently available in the Netherlands)

I just hope it will be one version for all regions so I can have english subs instead of bad dutch subs :') (Assuming it will be decently available in the Netherlands)
Yeah I hope so too. The Dutch Dybex subtitles often were French to Dutch botch jobs. In their early days they sometimes hired decent translators such as Niels Viveen, but even with his translations I had a few issues.

Back