UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

And if oh Aniplex isn’t complaining what is.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. People don't like 6 episode sets, it doesn't matter who is releasing them, yet we just accept it because Aniplex gonna Aniplex. You say people 'lapped up' Charlotte and ERASED but I'm pretty sure you're just having a selective memory. No one is ever gonna be pleased by Aniplex dicking people over.

ERASED was £40 for 6 eps but everyone paid that....
and god eater was £20 for half so £40 wasn’t that bad. Same for Blue exorcist £40 isn’t gonna be that bad. And the delays for AoA sets are worse than splitting it in half as splitting in half May get the release faster so I’m happy as where is ALs 12 ep set of PlaMem

ERASED was £40 for 6 eps but everyone paid that....
and god eater was £20 for half so £40 wasn’t that bad. Same for Blue exorcist £40 isn’t gonna be that bad. And the delays for AoA sets are worse than splitting it in half as splitting in half May get the release faster so I’m happy as where is ALs 12 ep set of PlaMem

See, this is where you're comparing apples and oranges. ERASED was £40 and everyone paid that and complained. Even if people complain about BE's price or episode count per set, no one has said they're not gonna buy it. Hell, you seem to be directing this straight at me and yet I still plan on buying Manga's sets.

If you are gonna buy it why complain it makes you all look silly

Not really? I don't think 6 episode sets should be a thing, but with no alternative for potentially years, if I want to own the show, I have very little choice in the matter. It's possible to buy something and not be 100% pleased with every facet of it. You weigh the pros and cons and decide accordingly. It would be like saying that the only movies anyone should ever buy are ones that are 10/10, because if a film's a 9/10, you have at least one thing to complain about, so shouldn't buy it.

I hate all the AL delays but let’s not complain Cos we get our booklets.
No one bar me complained about ERASED delayed till 2018
Nobody cares about their delays there’s a reason they’ve lost all my custom yet manga is redeeming.
And if you are forced into buying releases that isn’t good either.
Also just to be clear the idea we should buy Uk Releases is rubbish.

I dislike it but at the same time if it's a series you really want then it's far easier to pay £100 in 4 lots (ala SAO) than in 1 go and people seem ok to pay that kind of price for 1 ultimate edition from AL.

Edit: I should point out that it's extremely rare for me to pick up ANY series at that kind of price. It'd have to be an anime I really loved.

I'm curious to see what the Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga sets will look like, will it be a no frills blu ray or something along the lines of their recent release trend of outer artbox and plastic O-card? (Or a DVD sized case for ultimate integration with the first season a-la the A Certain II sets?;):rolleyes:)

I'm curious to see what the Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga sets will look like, will it be a no frills blu ray or something along the lines of their recent release trend of outer artbox and plastic O-card? (Or a DVD sized case for ultimate integration with the first season a-la the A Certain II sets?;):rolleyes:)

I'm hoping a box that can store both parts.

Wellllll it's mange so probably a flimsy box like death note...cheapest option for them obviously ....they can't put effort or extra 10p's in as that's just plain bad marketing :) and of course we all know manga so yehhhhhh bull crap that they are looking into it ahah

Back