UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Edit: While I don't think the underlying issues are Manga's fault, is it just me or is it a bit weird only to notice there are no BD masters a couple of weeks before the scheduled release date? How quickly can they turn things around usually?!

R

Well Funimation aren't exactly winning awards for their communication skills these days. They're currently keeping schtum over that data leak last year, and since they're best friends with AL, I can see that popping off e-mails to their ex is low on their priority list.

Well Funimation aren't exactly winning awards for their communication skills these days. They're currently keeping schtum over that data leak last year, and since they're best friends with AL, I can see that popping off e-mails to their ex is low on their priority list.

Can't disagree with that. I was under the impression that the lack of a US BD has been known for a while though. It floors me to think that the JP production side were happily signing off a BD box design and everything was being finalised yet nobody had thought about the question of how the BD was actually going to be made until a fortnight before release.

Sad that it is getting a crummy DVD-only release (and late, to boot) but in truth I don't think it's terrifically popular over here compared to Sangoku Musou and it wasn't all that well received. I liked it :(

R

Chunibyo season 2 is out tomorrow and I still haven't had a shipping email from amazon... delayed maybe? Anybody else I'd just wait and see but manga :D anyone else had it shipped yet?

Can't disagree with that. I was under the impression that the lack of a US BD has been known for a while though. It floors me to think that the JP production side were happily signing off a BD box design and everything was being finalised yet nobody had thought about the question of how the BD was actually going to be made until a fortnight before release.

Sad that it is getting a crummy DVD-only release (and late, to boot) but in truth I don't think it's terrifically popular over here compared to Sangoku Musou and it wasn't all that well received. I liked it :(

R

Their production team runs a high standard there for communication and regularly will supply whichever licensee has their shows the work - it's as simple as that as whoever has it, they need to deliver a high standard for the Japanese rights holder too :). So I'd imagine they are in communication regularly and whatever is going on is something outwith the usual (I'm not in the loop on it - not my license!)

Just clarifying that on a B2B level they do talk :).

Best,

AP

Chunibyo season 2 is out tomorrow and I still haven't had a shipping email from amazon... delayed maybe? Anybody else I'd just wait and see but manga :D anyone else had it shipped yet?
My copy is supposed to be going out tomorrow for delivery on Wednesday. I had a Prime trial when I ordered and this, apparently, is expedited shipping. As if the general pricing these days wasn't enough reason to avoid using Amazon...

I haven't had a email yet but it says dispatching soon on my Amazon order page probably get sent a email when it dispatches

Standard apparently. I thought I went Free. In that case, I do wonder why it's not coming tomorrow...
I think it's a roll of a dice thing I've had things arrive day of release and some things turn up a few days later. Back when standard delivery used to be called 2nd class I had thing turn up early on a Sunday a day before it's relesed or release day the latest. But you'll probably get it Wednesday 9 out 10 time I've had things turn up a day early than the estimated delivery date.

Wonder if there doing it deliberately in order to get us to subscribe to prime lot of prime only anime on Amazon video can't be a coincident.
I've got Amazon Prime and mine says preparing for dispatch and has it arriving Wednesday as well. I'm guessing they haven't received the received stock yet or they only just got it in. I'm hoping it's going to be dispatched today but if it's not I'm going to email them tomorrow to find out why hasn't been sent.

Back