UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Manga gave a better Broly release than funimation so yes something was lost. People who did care for Dragon Ball.
As long as FUNi don’t make manga do the DBZ 30th anniversary set to show me they don’t care anymore I’m gonna be cautiously optimistic

Given the article specifically mentions first seasons of magical index and scientific railgun I guess it includes all the Animatsu titles as well.
I was wondering about the company itself as there only seems to be changes with Manga, all happening the middle of the month.

Guy and Jerome still being listed as directors for Animatsu

Currently licensed stuff as you mentioned has been pushed over and animatsu hasn't released anything recently (Unless I'm mistaken) so maybe it doesn't really change anything eitherway

I was wondering about the company itself as there only seems to be changes with Manga, all happening the middle of the month.

Guy and Jerome still being listed as directors for Animatsu

Currently licensed stuff as you mentioned has been pushed over and animatsu hasn't released anything recently (Unless I'm mistaken) so maybe it doesn't really change anything eitherway
i asked them a while ago and they said that everything animatsu had been merged into Aanga, tbh i don't really understand why Animatsu was a thing when it was pretty much run from within Manga, was it a way to release more niche titles?

i asked them a while ago and they said that everything animatsu had been merged into Aanga, tbh i don't really understand why Animatsu was a thing when it was pretty much run from within Manga, was it a way to release more niche titles?
It existed due to Jerome et al leaving Manga due to Starz mismanagement. They eventually bought Manga from them and merged it with Animatsu.

My only surprise with all this is that it didn't happen like 2 years ago when Funimation jumped ship with Manga. I suppose Sony have given then the cash and focus to expand. Business wise it makes alot of sense, cheaper costs for licencing and access to Manga's catalogue are the advantages here. How it all pans out we will have to wait and see.

In an ideal world we would basically get what the US gets from Funi now but I wonder if BBFC costs mean they will still be somewhat selective on what will actually make them money (although I'd hope we'd still get a lot more than we currently do).

Interesting fact here for people on the Magus Bride Part 2 BD

The Opening for cour 2 has been changed, and they've made a new video to go with the song instead.

Oh wow! One of my only gripes for the show was the slightly lazy opening of the second cour which mainly just re-cycled scenes. I'm happy with just a few more new shots, so I'm really happy with this :)

Well normally I would complain if a company decides to change stuff, but in this case its a huge improved over that lazy opening it got initially.

Now the openings are inconsistent between releases since Funimation translated the credits of the first opening, but the second opening appears to have the Japanese credit text intact.

I didnt expect that how much people talk about Overlord.
So I only have to import Free now thank god
They seem to have learnt as all the LEs have same day SEs.

Back