UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Funimation have acquired Manga Entertainment UK.

Considering all the goings on over the past 6 months this actually makes a lot of sense. Guess they are finally getting serious about the UK market.

Wow. I hadn't considered that them changing UK distributors was because they were planning a buy out. I hope this means Funimation are taking the UK seriously and we'll see more collectors like the recent MHA one.

Hope this means we will get more Funimation titles, hopefully Nichijou. Btw on Funimation's site it just says "sorry but this content isn't available in your country" is this something everyone outside of the US gets or is it just some specific countries they have blocked?

Hope this means we will get more Funimation titles, hopefully Nichijou. Btw on Funimation's site it just says "sorry but this content isn't available in your country" is this something everyone outside of the US gets or is it just some specific countries they have blocked?
It’s probably region locked for your country

Both Manga UK and Animatsu

or just Manga UK?

(Dont know if they officially merged or they just stopped using Animatsu after they got it back)

It’s probably region locked for your country
Ye I know it is locked for my coutry what I wondered about was how widespread their region lock is. Is it just a few countries targeted, is it everywhere outside of the US, is it Europe? Just wanted to know the extent of their region lock on their site.

Both Manga UK and Animatsu

or just Manga UK?

(Dont know if they officially merged or they just stopped using Animatsu after they got it back)

Given the article specifically mentions first seasons of magical index and scientific railgun I guess it includes all the Animatsu titles as well.

Ye I know it is locked for my coutry what I wondered about was how widespread their region lock is. Is it just a few countries targeted, is it everywhere outside of the US, is it Europe? Just wanted to know the extent of their region lock on their site.
Oh you’re from USA? Huh I guess it might be viewable just for UK then

This looks like that there definitely will be no more any enhanced editions on Funi titles that AL often did. (Like with Hyouka or Terror in Resonance and a bunch more.) =/

Lets just hope at the very least they release they titles they took back from Anime Limited (even though i'm sure a Hyoka Part 2 they would release would not match my incomplete hyouka part 1 CE)

CoIoZZM.png

Aniplex buys Madman, FUNimation buys Manga... what's next? Sentai buys MVM?

Back