UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I mean, this is no different to when AL distributed for Funi, or when Manga previously distributed for them either. It's a strange leap to make.
The difference is now that Sony own Funimation they seem to be interested in buying regional distributors to expand internationally. With Sony Music buying Madmans anime distribution it isn't that much of a leap anymore.

I would love to be proved wrong but Franxxly, I don't see Manga copying Funi's limited edition (if they do, consider me optimistic for their future releases). I have visions of slipcases, slipcases with big blue bars at the top, possibly hiding sleeves with big blue bars at the top.

The US has big red bars
Unless you mean the half of the box that's red, I'm not seeing it. Like I say, I'll live in hope. But yes, Funi are generally huge offenders of the unecessary "we need to tell people with a big ugly banner this is a blu-ray even though blu-ray discs are easily identifiable by the smaller size of their cases and the fact they're filed in the blu-ray section" as well. As for reversible covers, I wouldn't know because I haven't bought a Manga release in a while. You cannot however, reverse a slipcover (except perhaps in anger).

Overlord is literally a clone, why wouldn’t they clone Franxx as well if it has a LE.
This is not a manga release imo it’s a FUNi release it’s literally their style not manga. Cardcaptor Sakura is basically a FUNi release.

That's from Manga? Huh. Not particularly interested in Overlord so I didn't really pay attention, but it doesn't even look like it has their logo on the box. Well, if they're basically just going to distribute Funi's products for them then I guess it's just a matter of whether it's cheaper to buy locally or import.

FUNi loves them, but the massive gap between parts is the problem somehow we have a smaller gap between part 1 and 2 of Franxx (March then May) then stuff like CCS CC doesnt have a part two date so will be at least 4 months

Overlord is literally a clone, why wouldn’t they clone Franxx as well if it has a LE.
This is not a manga release imo it’s a FUNi release it’s literally their style not manga. Cardcaptor Sakura is basically a FUNi release.
CCS CC doesn't seem to have a slipcover in the US, the UK one has. Also that pink bar and the bar on the cover sleeve is definitely Manga's own thing...

Back