• Don't miss your chance to choose your favourite anime, manga, and light novels for the Anime UK News Reader's Choice Awards 2018! Be sure to cast your vote and make your voice heard!

UK Anime Distributor Manga Animatsu Discussion Thread

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
I think a £65 RPP is a bit of a joke, £50 with discounts stings too. I wouldn't expect the set to cost more than £35-£40, or at least that's what I'd think AL would be charging for something similar. Just comparing to AL's Season 1 set, they were charging £31.50 for the Early Bird. I imagine even without EBs, it wasn't close to £50 on launch and had a SE day and date to boot.

That would be better than this
The Uk anime industry is wrong
CE first is wrong its a bad profit first business model and im sick of it. Its why i import all other markets offer a choice we dont. Australia is smaller yet offer a choice Madman is releasing both Magus Bride is a joke. And we made this we did this to ourselves. AL changed the market im saying for worse as these CEs aren't as good as ALs and are more expensive.

I think a £65 RPP is a bit of a joke, £50 with discounts stings too. I wouldn't expect the set to cost more than £35-£40, or at least that's what I'd think AL would be charging for something similar. Just comparing to AL's Season 1 set, they were charging £31.50 for the Early Bird. I imagine even without EBs, it wasn't close to £50 on launch and had a SE day and date to boot.
A £65 rrp still makes it slightly cheaper than the US version at full price($85 ex VAT). Still an expensive release for this kind of stuff in the UK though.