UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I meant the french release my bad

The UK disc has French assets. You choose which language menu you want when you put the disc in, and if you choose French, you get Japanese with French subtitles. I'd imagine the French release uses the same discs, unless they re-authored for a subsequent print run.

Blu-ray.com suggests that they are the same...

Part 1
Part 3

They haven't got any detail for part 2

Nop, don't trust that site description, it's often inacurate, for example all of Gundam from @anime Ltd only show Frensh subtitles, while they all have English subtitles, same for Space Dandy, Lupin, and so on.
Don't trust it at all.

For Persona 4, some buyers on Amazon Fr reported English subs on that edition, so... yeah that edition have English subs as well.

Last edited:
The KAZE version isn’t worth getting. The ED has PAL speedup frame rate converted back to NTSC, the PQ sucks, and while the audio is better (LPCM)- it lacks the audio commentaries on Sentai’s release. The Japanese commentaries with the seiyuu fully subtitled. As well as all the extras on Sentai’s release- a whole BD-25 worth of.

The KAZE version isn’t worth getting. The ED has PAL speedup frame rate converted back to NTSC, the PQ sucks, and while the audio is better (LPCM)- it lacks the audio commentaries on Sentai’s release. The Japanese commentaries with the seiyuu fully subtitled. As well as all the extras on Sentai’s release- a whole BD-25 worth of.

Unless of course, you don't care about any of that...

I think the discs might have those on them, on the French side. That is another issue I've got with Kaze releases, all the extras are on the French side while the UK side is barren.

I think the discs might have those on them, on the French side. That is another issue I've got with Kaze releases, all the extras are on the French side while the UK side is barren.
I don’t have them at all, but I heard from somebody with the UK release about the problems with the ED and speedup frame rate converted. Again, I don’t have it, so I can’t confirm anything.

Back