UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

First soul eater, now Yo-Kai! Watch [delayed indefinitely]
What's going on?
Holy crap I forgot Manga even had Yo kai watch! Talk about missing the hype train.
Pretty sure they got a ridiculously long licence on it under the condition they won't release it until the nostalgia wave hits in about 15 - 20 years ala Power Rangers & Digimon. Well played Manga, that's some good forward thinking!

It is disappointing to see a lack of Yokai Watch again, especially as it’s on Netflix so eventually I’ll end up streaming it instead...

It is disappointing to see a lack of Yokai Watch again, especially as it’s on Netflix so eventually I’ll end up streaming it instead...
Can anyone really be disappointed at the lack of a PAL DVD-only dub-only release of Youkai Watch that stars Johnny Yong Bosch? No, didn't think so.

I wouldn't insult the Bosch if I was you, insulting a Power Ranger is just asking for trouble.
Mighty_Morphin_Power_Rangers_-_Adam_Black_Ranger.JPG

I thought his interpretation of Koizumi in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was really rather good. And I don't even like dubs, so that's saying something.
Agreed, I like that softer voice he does, Haruhi Suzumiya in general has a really decent dub.

A lot of people say he doesn't have any range but his voice in Eureka Seven is completely different to his usual voice and like yourself I was also really surprised when I learned it was him playing Renton

A lot of people say he doesn't have any range but his voice in Eureka Seven is completely different to his usual voice and like yourself I was also really surprised when I learned it was him playing Renton
Yeah that's a criticism a lot of dub actors get but I can't think of many who really get on my nerves performance-wise

Pokemon I Choose You DVD arrived today, and, I'm sure this surprises exactly no-one, but the bonus DVD of the first movie touted in the listing on Amazon is nowhere to be seen. Manga gonna Manga.

Disappointing to hear they’ve not included the movie. Not a major loss given how cheap the movies are anyway, but yeah another case of misadvertising.

Back