UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

The video quality has apparently improved from the previous Sony release, however about half of the extras were carried over. DVDs are PAL also I believe.

I might be wrong, but word when it was first announced was that Sony had all the Japanese extras. So there was never a chance of Manga getting much else on-disc wise.

Does anyone know if/what Paprika has as a reversible cover? I read on their site that it has a "Reverse Inlay design", I was hoping that it would be the Japanese Bluray cover (so that the slip and and cover are actually different).

Does anyone know if/what Paprika has as a reversible cover?
It's not Manga's new one, anyway. I checked, and I really couldn't call that a reversible cover. The inside artwork is the jumble of objects from the parade (basically like the front cover but with Paprika's face absent). The left-hand panel (which would become the back cover if you reversed the sleeve) has the film's logo. The artwork would wrap around and have no logo on the spine.

Also, for the record, Manga's recent combi release comes with a cardboard o-card over the BD Amaray case. The artwork is identical to the sleeve inside. Hope any of that helps! :)

It's not Manga's new one, anyway. I checked, and I really couldn't call that a reversible cover. The inside artwork is the jumble of objects from the parade (basically like the front cover but with Paprika's face absent). The left-hand panel (which would become the back cover if you reversed the sleeve) has the film's logo. The artwork would wrap around and have no logo on the spine.

Also, for the record, Manga's recent combi release comes with a cardboard o-card over the BD Amaray case. The artwork is identical to the sleeve inside. Hope any of that helps! :)

Thanks! :)

Just received an email saying that my order has been completed from MA. So I guess TGWLTT Hosoda Collection has been shipped as I have already received Wolf Children.

Gosh, how dreadful. I'm sure the rest of the team has things covered but what a horrendous start to the year for everyone who knew him :(

R

I was looking to pick up Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? from amazon, but just wondering are the pictures correct, did they only ever make the card sleeve version or is it wrong, as i see pictures around of it also being a plastic sleeve in a chipboard box, just wondering which version is correct? thanks!

the UK release is a Chipboard box with a plastic o-card sleeve.

Also it doesn't come with the artcards. That picture is outdated. Due to including the DVDs in the set there wasn't enough space to include the artcards as they originally advertised.

I was looking to pick up Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? from amazon, but just wondering are the pictures correct, did they only ever make the card sleeve version or is it wrong, as i see pictures around of it also being a plastic sleeve in a chipboard box, just wondering which version is correct? thanks!

Attachments

• 20180121_173311.jpg
    20180121_173311.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180121_173300.jpg
    20180121_173300.jpg
    649.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180121_173244.jpg
    20180121_173244.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180121_173232.jpg
    20180121_173232.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 17
thanks! that's nice to see, looks like quite a nice set and i've not seen the show yet either, just bought it :)

Back