UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I think people are being very harsh with Manga and I've called them out on various issues. Aside from the artcards and Raildex Box mess they have had a solid year imo. Still room for improvement but thier Beyond the boundary movie and Amagi releases were very nice.

I know they have burnt some bridges with folks here but I'd point out other companies have has similar or worse problems with releases this year.

I know they have burnt some bridges with folks here but I'd point out other companies have has similar or worse problems with releases this year.

Other companies are far more willing to fix mistakes and not bitch about their user base when doing so.

I don't mind errors/mistakes etc, they're part of the business (and seem way more common in anime than general releases). It's how they're dealt with that matters.

I wonder how they're gonna deal with all of these copies floating about with the wrong covers, there's bound to be people who buy them by accident instead of the corrected versions.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, hasn't it just been packaged wrong, with the correct image that fits the cut out being on the reverse? So, if you took the slip off and flipped it over, it'd look as it should.

I noticed that Manga re-released Paprika this week. I already have it on Blu-ray, so are there any differences besides the extra DVD and slipcover?

I noticed that Manga re-released Paprika this week. I already have it on Blu-ray, so are there any differences besides the extra DVD and slipcover?

The video quality has apparently improved from the previous Sony release, however about half of the extras were carried over. DVDs are PAL also I believe.

New encode apparently.
he video quality has apparently improved from the previous Sony release
Would like to see some actual confirmation of this. I wasn't terribly happy about Manga getting Paprika (because anything by Satoshi Kon deserves more than a bog-standard amaray release), but if the PQ is noticeably better, I'd be happy to pick up Manga's release.

Anyone who has the ability to post screenshots of Manga's release, it would be much appreciated!

Can’t post caps, but I’ve seen the disc briefly. The image is now full screen, Sony’s Disc was windowboxed for overscan. Also the English dub is lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1, the Sony Disc has lossy DD 5.1.

Back