UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

So all that remains now to be rescued from Sony are Tekkonkinkreet and Tokyo Godfathers by the looks of it. I reckon Manga should try and get Millennium Actress as well given they used to release it.

And Memories.

I'd be happier to see AL get Millennium Actress, but would accept it from just about anyone right now

You seemed disappointed, really.
Sorry if I came across that way, was just genuinely curious, I just remembered AL talking about the possibility for a complete collection that included the movie, I'm not interested in such a thing personally, but the whole rights things with Sony and the movie was an question on a lot of peoples minds and so it's interesting that Manga ended up with it. Did they outbid AL or did they get first dibs and is the collection still a possibility? Who knows. Like I said, I don't care about the collection myself but like many I expected AL to end up with it.

Well there goes our hopes for a Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition :(

Already got the USA releases of Cowboy Bebop the Movie and Paprika so those will be a pass as Manga's release will just be standard editions. Would have bought CEs of them too if AL were releasing them.

Might pick up Pokemon Indigo League Blu-ray.

Questions... Which Cowboy Bebop? The US disc with the lossless stereo, or the AU disc with the lossy surround and extra features?
Paprika? Reprint of the old Sony release with the windowboxed image or a new fullscreen transfer?
Steamboy, the 106 mins Worldwide theatrical cut, or the Japanese 126 minute domestic cut?

Jerome has confirmed via Twitter Beebop is the Aus version. Not sure on the other two.

maybe they'll do something pointless with Cowboy Bebop like change the subtitles, cause Manga love ruining releases when there's no problems to start with like Attack on Titan

They released the packaging shots of Paprika, Cowboy Bebop Movie and Steamboy. A shame they used the same artwork as the previous Paprika release from Sony (on both the slip and the cover..) considering the Japanese release has really nice art.
DJrBJksXkAAE28L.jpg DJrBI5QX0AANCHc.jpg DJrBKdoWAAEcIyP.jpg

Back