UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Considering there was a gap of 3 years between Funi's release and Manga's, I'm not surprised Manga's didn't sell that well especially when Funi's was Region B compatible. Also as said above some people are content with the normal DBZ and don't see the need to watch a shortened down version. Hopefully we do get the Buu Kai blu rays though as Funi's is Region A locked which means Region B only people will have to get the Aus blu rays.

Anyone know what's the deal with Manga's upcoming release of One Punch Man? Screenshots of the packaging all seem to have the Kaze logo in big ugly font on the spine, e.g. this one from amazon.

81ZgLKzs7HL__SY445_.jpg

At first I figured it was just a placeholder image from the EU release but even their brand new fb trailer uses the same image. I can't tell whether it's simple laziness, they still don't have their own designs sorted out for some reason, or if it's the result of a co-production, with Kaze authoring the UK disks alongside their EU release and getting image rights on the set. Given some of the bad authoring experiences I've had with that company in the past I'm more likely to wait & hear opinions first regarding the disk quality and packaging before I decide to opt for the UK or Viz sets

Anyone know what's the deal with Manga's upcoming release of One Punch Man? Screenshots of the packaging all seem to have the Kaze logo in big ugly font on the spine, e.g. this one from amazon.

Simple answer. It's actually a KAZE UK title. Yep, KAZE still exists.

To save folks the suffering, they also have Code Geass: Akito the Exiled as well which is in limbo in terms of a retail release.

Simple answer. It's actually a KAZE UK title. Yep, KAZE still exists.

To save folks the suffering, they also have Code Geass: Akito the Exiled as well which is in limbo in terms of a retail release.

So basically, due of the lack of a UK pr presence they've effectively hired Manga to release/advertise the show for them? That would make some sense I guess; I'm sure I recalled them initially getting the license but pretty much all the information since has it listed as a Manga title.

Damn, that's a shame. I'm definitely going to hold out to see what the packaging and authoring quality looks like before purchasing. I suspect this will end in another rightstuf order instead

So basically, due of the lack of a UK pr presence they've effectively hired Manga to release/advertise the show for them? That would make some sense I guess; I'm sure I recalled them initially getting the license but pretty much all the information since has it listed as a Manga title.

Damn, that's a shame. I'm definitely going to hold out to see what the packaging and authoring quality looks like before purchasing. I suspect this will end in another rightstuf order instead
Manga distribute on Kaze's behalf. So whilst it's a Kaze release, Manga promotes it and puts it in shops.

I don't care enough about it having Kaze written on it to not buy it. If anything it helps me locate it quicker on my shelf. I'll wait and see what real issues it has before I buy it though. (Having Kaze menus is not a real issue.)

I only hate they aren't consistent. I dislike when they put it on the top, and then switch to the bottom, and then the top again. Wish they could make up their minds

So how is it that MMPR is being released in season boxsets where as Dino Charge is getting released across about 5 volumes of 4 episodes? Obviously MMPR has a lot more episodes so it would take a lot longer to come out that way, but this sort of thing has always puzzled me...

Why is kids' TV generally released in this sort of format? A typical prime time TV show will usually have a complete season boxes by the end of its tenure, usually a few months after the last episode airs, but where a cartoon or kids show is concerned, it usually gets a bunch of cheap releases with 4-5 episodes a disc and even then it never usually covers the entire series anyway. What's different about kids TV that warrants a different release model to pretty much every other kind of series?

I know this isn't strictly anime-related, but does anyone know why this is? This has puzzled me for years...

There's usually a little box at the side that lists the most recent visitor posts, y'know, where people can ask about forthcoming releases, whinge about broken discs, ask when Evangelion TV is going to be licences, that kind of thing. I can't the see the box anymore, although you can post on the feed directly. I can't see the posts.

EDIT. False alarm. It's just Facebook changing things again. You don't get that news feed page automatically, you have to click on Posts in the Left Column first. That's Facebook, making everything harder with time.

If you click "Posts" on the left hand side it brings them up, Facebook has been like that for a while as far as I'm aware (I don't use it much but I think it has been anyway).

It is very strange how Altitude seemed to licence it for only one screening at the Glasgow Film Fest, god knows what went on there.

It's late, but better late than never. It would be good to see it on the big screen.

Received OPM yesterday and gotta say it's strange times we're living in when Kazé put out a release where the booklet that comes with it is a lot better than some of Anime Limited's.... scary times.

I don't know who kicked Manga, Animatsu and Kazé in the ass with regards to collector's editions, but hats off and keep kicking :)

Back