UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Today in Manga mistakes:

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in A Dungeon? no longer includes art cards. The reason? They box they made wasn't big enough...

Source

Huh. Not going to pretend I'm personally affected as I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but that's a very weird resolution to the problem.

R

I can think of a lot of ways that the typical Manga negotiating style may have annoyed a licensor and 'wanting to simulcast it like almost all of the other companies do nowadays' is pretty low down in that list. Glaringly obvious that we only have a tiny part of that story in this case.

My main beef with Manga isn't even that they don't do simulcasts so much as the fact that they actively and deliberately try to block simulcasts for us when other companies could do them (I get why it's not commercially attractive for them, but that's their problem rather than mine). Suddenly moving all of the goalposts and crying victim isn't going to win any sympathy. Still not seen Sakamoto.

R

..Couldn't they have just changed the dimensions of the box before print? Surely figuring out if art cards would fit inside is something you'd sort out very early into the production.

..Couldn't they have just changed the dimensions of the box before print? Surely figuring out if art cards would fit inside is something you'd sort out very early into the production.

Or they could have coupled them with the set, outside of it, somehow like Funimation sometimes too. There are certainly a few fixes to the issue and I'm sure most of us would rather have the art cards than not, especially when we thought they were in the set until less than a week before release.

Honestly I'm less fussed about the cards and more that there is has been no communication about it and that set is now looking quite expensive for no extras and a hard box. ^^;

that set is now looking quite expensive for no extras and a hard box. ^^;
Does anyone else remember when the SRP was £10 less for Manga's combo packs and everyone was whining that they needed to use rigid artboxes instead of slipcovers? It wasn't that long ago.

Does anyone else remember when the SRP was £10 less for Manga's combo packs and everyone was whining that they needed to use rigid artboxes instead of slipcovers? It wasn't that long ago.

I believe I've always argued against combi packs since I don't want DVDs

I'm confused. Are they talking about the rigid box or the amaray? Hasn't mangamatsu put the artcards in the amaray before ala chunibyo 2?

Also being that the set is released in 10 days!!!!!!!:
Shouldn't they already have the cards printed by now?
Shouldn't it be shipping to retailers?
Shouldn't someone have figured out dimensions before sending off to the printers?

The Apocalypse said:
Regarding the GITS Laughing Man and Individual Eleven releases

We did not perform an upscale ourselves, as we were delivered the blu-ray materials directly from the US. Whether those materials were from a HD master or SD upscale I'm not able to ascertain at the moment, so we're looking into this for you.

I will get back to you with a definitive answer as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Anime Blu-ray (UK Releases)

Blimey, that Blu-ray Limited Edition of My Love Story is expensive. :eek:

It's only three discs, so there must be some other reason for...

Oh, I see now: a folded-up poster and five 'art cards'.

03-313959.jpg

Yeah, makes perfect sense.
o_O?!?!?

Blimey, that Blu-ray Limited Edition of My Love Story is expensive. :eek:

It's only three discs, so there must be some other reason for...

Oh, I see now: a folded-up poster and five 'art cards'.

03-313959.jpg

Yeah, makes perfect sense.
o_O?!?!?

Simple reason for its price - it's a 2-cour series (24 episodes). In the US Sentai are putting it out for SRP $99.98.

A 2-core none Aniplex season with a shity poster and art card should be going for £55 tops what there charging for it is criminal jerome throws a song and dance about other companies over pricing anime then he goes and does the same thing not to mention his attempt at an collectors edition is an half assed at best

Back