1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

UK Anime Distributor Manga Animatsu Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by AbZeroNow, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

It's strange they used to be really quick with shipping I remember waking up on a Saturday morning and finding my copy Durarara!! Even though it didn't come out till monday.

2. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

If you have Prime you can probably wangle a free extension to your subscription for the delay via web chat even if it isn't their fault. Not that I would do this >_>

R

Jaysgba likes this.
  3. Zin5ki

Zin5ki Railgun

What a curiously suggestive word 'wangle' is.

Rui likes this.
  4. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

Just got my copy of chunibyo 2 through the post.

Jaysgba likes this.
  5. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

Also the art cards are really underwhelming Sidonia had much nicer art cards.

6. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

Change my mind about the art card there horrendously bad don't see why they couldn't just copy the art cards sentai used.

7. crashmatt

crashmatt Hunter

fancy posting some pics? I know a few on here would be intrested to see what these 'Deluxe' Editions contain

8. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

91-r92EfgAL._SX522_.jpg
    Can't seem to be able to upload pictures off my tablet but it's basically what's in the picture above.

Just Passing Through likes this.
  9. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

Also you can actually get the case out the of the box unlike with season one where you had to angrily shake it.

10. The card is pretty thin, although it isn't flimsy, and the art cards fit inside the Blu-ray Amaray with a couple of millimetres to spare. What probably would have been preferable would have been a slightly wider chipboard case, and cards large enough to fit in that, almost twice the size. Also the backs are plain white, no image or backing at all.

11. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Death Scythe

Cheaper art cards than the cheap Funi ones, AOA have spoilt me

12. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

Hope Dan machi and Amagi don't get simular treatment expect much more for the prices there asking

13. Emulsion

Emulsion Vampire Ninja

Expect much more from something listed as "Deluxe".

Got both of those two on pre-order. Would rather an artbook than a poster, the posters are pointless in my opinion. Why would you want a poster displayed with fold lines.

Was hoping we would get the same deluxe editions that Sentai are releasing. We did with Akame ga Kill.

Watanabe Ken likes this.
  14. crashmatt

crashmatt Hunter

The Sentai clone sets didnt sell. Seriously how hard is it to put together a little art book? Nobody wants folded posters its not the 1990's. The arts cards are prettty useless as well. I will give them credit for the ridged box but if your charging those kind of prices people expect more. It just screams cant be arsed.

Watanabe Ken likes this.
  15. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Hunter

For the £35 AOL will be charging, I'd be content with a standard edition, so the rigid box and accompanying crap are irrelevant to me.

Watanabe Ken likes this.
  16. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

Thankfully it says for limited time only in there product description so unless I see either at a reasonable price I'll be waiting for the standard

17. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

18. bailey1985

bailey1985 Adventurer

I'm disappointed with the design of the art cards, The manga entertainment logo and TBS logo on the front of the card the should have put them on the back. I've added some pictures in the spoiler tag.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Watanabe Ken likes this.
  19. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

On another note why haven't they said there releasing season 2 of Coffin princess chaika its Animatsus 3rd best seller on AOL.

20. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Kiznaiver

It shouldn't have the manga logo on it period season one was released by Animatsu