UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Any news about Akira replacement?
I just got an email back yesterday after submitting my infon on Sunday and it said "they're working on creating the disc, and will be in touch again as soon as possible with details of when you can expect your replacement." Which I assume is just a copy paste response but doesn't seem they're any further ahead atm.

Just want to clarify with DARLING in the FRANXX BD owners. Has everyone's copy arrived without the slipcover or am I the unlucky duckling? 🦆

When we had this with other things I think the reason was that the slipcover is only included on the first run, so reprints later don't include it. A shame really as the slip cover looked pretty good, and I do like my slip covers.

It seems to get knocked a bit but I actually really quite enjoyed Darling in the FranXX, it wasn't perfect, but I think it portrayed people acting realistically in the scenarios they found themselves in. It had a lot of heart, to me anyway.

I'd probably buy a CE of it, if one appears. I think there may have been a US CE.

When we had this with other things I think the reason was that the slipcover is only included on the first run, so reprints later don't include it. A shame really as the slip cover looked pretty good, and I do like my slip covers
Had a feeling this was the case. Quite a shame indeed 😭

I'd probably buy a CE of it, if one appears. I think there may have been a US CE
That's right for Part 1. Though it's long OOP now. These sets go for £200+ as of present 💸✈️

Last edited:

That's right for Part 1 though it's long OOP now. These sets go for £200+ as of present 💸✈️

Hell I'd even settle for the whole series in one box!

I am currently refusing to buy parts unless I have a box to put them in, then it's OK. I really wanted the Rising of the Shield Hero CE as well but also long gone apparently, and only available in parts like with Darling.

I am currently refusing to buy parts unless I have a box to put them in, then it's OK. I really wanted the Rising of the Shield Hero CE as well but also long gone apparently, and only available in parts like with Darling.
I did happen to have a sealed set myself a month back. Had I know you were looking for it, I would've told you first 🙃

I'm not 100% this is the Limited Ed set but you can contact the seller if you're interested.

As for Part Two Limited Ed there are still 3 or 2 copies left. Not sure if this edition is still available elsewhere so it's more of a last chance.

I did happen to have a sealed set myself a month back. Had I know you were looking for it, I would've told you first 🙃

I'm not 100% this is the Limited Ed set but you can contact the seller if you're interested.

As for Part Two Limited Ed there are still 3 or 2 copies left. Not sure if this edition is still available elsewhere so it's more of a last chance.

No problem at all, I will contact the seller on ebay about it. You could not have possibly known I was looking for it, I'm not even sure if I was a month ago!

Whilst here do you have any other collector eds you are getting rid of? I am a little picky on the ones I get but happy to check if you have a list :)

That's right for Part 1. Though it's long OOP now. These sets go for £200+ as of present 💸✈️
I got them both on Zavvi a couple of months ago and part 2 had a slipcover but part 1 was missing it so I guess you just missed it 😔

Whilst here do you have any other collector eds you are getting rid of? I am a little picky on the ones I get but happy to check if you have a list
Region A or B releases? Let's just say I have a lot of CEs I want to reduce from my collection (๑•﹏•)

Like Robin91 I got Part 2 with a slip cover and part 1 without and again from Zavvi.

And Toyandfilms via Ebay I've used before but they do sometimes stock imports and don't always give the best description of the minor details you need to know, so it possible an Australian Import with them mentioning region B, So yeah best giving them a message to find out. I think I've checked by using the EAN before (But there is no garuntee with that),
EDIT: I just compared the EAN with my CE Pt1 UK version and it doesn't match up with the blurb/info sheet (UK one for my CE Pt1 copy is : 5022366675741), So I suspect its a AUS version.

Last edited:
It seems to get knocked a bit but I actually really quite enjoyed Darling in the FranXX
I really enjoyed FranXX when I first watched it on Crunchyroll when it simulcast, and I enjoyed it even more when I watched it again on BD earlier this week. That was my third time, and I'm looking forward to watching it again already.

It's one of my very favourite anime.

It had a lot of heart, to me anyway.
This. ☝️
I honestly couldn't have summed it up any better.

I'll also echo your point about Manga's slipcovers: they're indeed only included with the first print run.

I didn't get a slipcover with either part of Franxx from Zavvi...but I always just throw them away anyway, so I'm glad I didn't get one that someone else would have appreciated 😅
That's pretty SAVAGE ( ╹▽╹ ) but understandable to an extent 😂

Last edited:
Region A or B releases? Let's just say I have a lot of CEs I want to reduce from my collection (๑•﹏•)

Thanks I've had a quick look, mainly after some UK ones. Nothing takes my eye from your current list but if you're planning to add some more and want to PM me with any you are considering adding I'd be happy to review :)

Like Robin91 I got Part 2 with a slip cover and part 1 without and again from Zavvi.

And Toyandfilms via Ebay I've used before but they do sometimes stock imports and don't always give the best description of the minor details you need to know, so it possible an Australian Import with them mentioning region B, So yeah best giving them a message to find out. I think I've checked by using the EAN before (But there is no garuntee with that),
EDIT: I just compared the EAN with my CE Pt1 UK version and it doesn't match up with the blurb/info sheet (UK one for my CE Pt1 copy is : 5022366675741), So I suspect its a AUS version.

Cheers I do believe that sounds right also looking at it, will be an import probably from AUS. One to keep an eye out for!

I really enjoyed FranXX when I first watched it on Crunchyroll when it simulcast, and I enjoyed it even more when I watched it again on BD earlier this week. That was my third time, and I'm looking forward to watching it again already.

It's one of my very favourite anime.

This. ☝️
I honestly couldn't have summed it up any better.

I'll also echo your point about Manga's slipcovers: they're indeed only included with the first print run.

Another one that hit the same sort of note for me was RE:Creators if you've seen it? Loved the OST as well! :)

Back