UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Hunter X Hunter is a very different case as JJBA is technically a completed release with each season being a separate license. Hunter X Hunter should be a complete license for the whole series so unless that series really has poor sales I don't expect it to get cancelled.
Well according to the BBFC website only parts 1 & 2 of HxH have been certified. For all the people who have bought them I hope they sell well as Manga won't cert the rest I've they haven't.

Thats what separates companies like Manga and Anime Limited. Everybody knows shows like Samurai Flamenco sold like ass but they still put out part 2. Manga never would've taken that hit just to keep the goodwill as long as people continue to say 'well part 1 didn't sell well so its to be expected'.
Its a niche market and as a community we should be thinking about those people that did buy it instead of excusing it. Manga have got far deeper pockets than others and could quite easily take that hit.

SAO Progressive, FGO Camelot etc I predict will go manga if only because cinemas but those are big franchises it’s stuff like monogatari, Bunny Girl, even promised Neverland that I dunno what will happen too.

Man this has annoyed me. Manga UK are the worst distributor as far as I'm concerned, and I don't trust them to make a decent release of anything. They've already said they have no more plans to license anymore Raildex series who knows what they will pick up and drop on a whim.

SAO Progressive, FGO Camelot etc I predict will go manga if only because cinemas but those are big franchises it’s stuff like monogatari, Bunny Girl, even promised Neverland that I dunno what will happen too.
I didn't predict when I wished with the Monkey's Paw for Fate movies to come to cinemas in the UK that it could have backfired like this.

Man this has annoyed me. Manga UK are the worst distributor as far as I'm concerned, and I don't trust them to make a decent release of anything. They've already said they have no more plans to license anymore Raildex series who knows what they will pick up and drop on a whim.
I grown disappointed with them since they become part of Funimation.
They always playing it safe mentally always bugged me.
Just releasing all shounens and isekai. I get they selll but don't leave other genres in the cold. AL and MVM release anime from variety of genres while manga is just shounen and isekai.

I hated how they disrespected RailDex by saying they will not continue despite being one of the most popular Funi series alongside MHA, AssClass, BC, Dr Stone.
Not helped that Index III and Accelerator are Region A Locked.

Manga better fix they game in 2021 otherwise I would stop buying from them.

Hope they don't cancel Radiant S2

I grown disappointed with them since they become part of Funimation.
They always playing it safe mentally always bugged me.
Just releasing all shounens and isekai. I get they selll but don't leave other genres in the cold. AL and MVM release anime from variety of genres while manga is just shounen and isekai.

I hated how they disrespected RailDex by saying they will not continue despite being one of the most popular Funi series alongside MHA, AssClass, BC, Dr Stone.
Not helped that Index III and Accelerator are Region A Locked.

Manga better fix they game in 2021 otherwise I would stop buying from them.

Hope they don't cancel Radiant S2
Oh yeah all the delays don't fill me with confidence. But I guess they got to leave room in the schedule to re-release another version of Dragonball Z. Seriously I feel like I blink and there is a new boxset/steelbook version/bundle announced lol.

RailDex is most likely just the harsh reality of business - earlier releases could have just not sold enough to make continuing it worthwhile. While it's certainly a franchise with pedigree, that doesn't necessarily translate into sales, especially in a market as small as ours.

With Demon Slayer, this was inevitable,, really. After the insane success it say in Japan, it makes business sense that Sony will want to keep it in their family and maximise their earning potential, as opposed to sublicensing it. My only hope is that, when the time comes for the eventual home ent release, Manga UK at least keep a similar design style to Anime Limited's release. At least so the spines look nice, but I imagine it'll just be a Standard or Steelbook deal 🤷‍♂️. For now, I just hope the country gets COVID under control, so I can see it on the big screen.

RailDex is most likely just the harsh reality of business - earlier releases could have just not sold enough to make continuing it worthwhile. While it's certainly a franchise with pedigree, that doesn't necessarily translate into sales, especially in a market as small as ours.
You're not necessarily wrong, but they didn't exactly do themselves any favors regarding the series, with them taking anywhere from almost a year to nearly three after the US to get them out, and the second seasons also being completely inconsistent with the first (DVD sized packaging) on top.

The only title I might be interested in from the Manga Q2 slate is Plunderer. I watched 8 episodes of BOFURI and thought it got majorly ridiculous, so I dropped it. I just don't care too much for gaming anime in general. I also steer completely away from any of the big shonen series, old or new, as those are all really obnoxious to me.

Manga is definitely my least-favorite distributor in the UK. I've only purchased 3 series from Manga out of at least 50 series I've imported from the UK over the past 5 years - only their Berserk CE, Ghost in the Shell CE, and the Wicked City/Demon City CE. And now that they are handling all the Funimation titles, I'll just be buying the US releases since there won't really be any differences between the two.

The only title I might be interested in from the Manga Q2 slate is Plunderer. I watched 8 episodes of BOFURI and thought it got majorly ridiculous, so I dropped it. I just don't care too much for gaming anime in general. I also steer completely away from any of the big shonen series, old or new, as those are all really obnoxious to me.

Manga is definitely my least-favorite distributor in the UK. I've only purchased 3 series from Manga out of at least 50 series I've imported from the UK over the past 5 years - only their Berserk CE,

The Kaze Berserk, or the MVM Berserk? Manga only distributed the former.

Oops, Berserk was MVM - so yeah, only two series from Manga then. What about the Kaze Magi releases - were they Manga? I don't see any of their logos on them.

Well, anyway, my point is, I just don't order much from Manga because they don't have many titles I care for, lol...

Back