UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Now it’s in my head as soon as it can AL will lose the show. ALs third best 2020 release can’t be replicated for the film brilliant.
I'm thinking this probably means Funi will release the Konosuba movie as well considering how well season one sold for AL...

"Thanks for the groundwork lads, we'll take it from here" - Manga 2021

Yeah discotek don’t have it yet so unless they announce it soon (like before the takeover is cleared) I think it will switch to FUNi in US and manga here.
I do find the whole Log Horizon thing dirty but that’s for another time

I'm thinking this probably means Funi will release the Konosuba movie as well considering how well season one sold for AL...

"Thanks for the groundwork lads, we'll take it from here" - Manga 2021
hope the reverse can happen and MVM/AL continue on with Jojo since manga baited us into buying 3 parts then said nah we got no more plans for this stuff

Problem is how manga gets access to 90%+ of the market, so they can hand pick their lovely action series and everything else gets no release.

If MVM and AL had access to funimation/CR stuff their could at least pick up some of those.

-------------

Now adding aniplex to the mix, makes the situation even worse.

I don't think it's really a case of baiting customers. The series likely just didn't sell enough to warrant a release for the rest
I don't agree with that. They've released 2 parts of Hunter x Hunter with another scheduled. What if they just up and left it at that with another 3 releases left?
You've committed to you're customers by releasing part of a series that you'll do the rest. And if fans know the rest isn't coming they're not going to buy it.

I don't agree with that. They've released 2 parts of Hunter x Hunter with another scheduled. What if they just up and left it at that with another 3 releases left?
You've committed to you're customers by releasing part of a series that you'll do the rest. And if fans know the rest isn't coming they're not going to buy it.
Hunter X Hunter is a very different case as JJBA is technically a completed release with each season being a separate license. Hunter X Hunter should be a complete license for the whole series so unless that series really has poor sales I don't expect it to get cancelled.

I don't think it's really a case of baiting customers. The series likely just didn't sell enough to warrant a release for the rest
if they wanted to test the market they would've only released 1 set since set1 has jojo part 1 and 2, they also did this with Adventure time where they released all 5 seasons on the same day

they've gone one step further with Fairy Tail and made a mess of releasing everything, i get they released later parts earlier for people that imported the inbetween that they didn't bother releasing originall ybut it doesn't exactly make any sense why they'd just give up importing the rest either

if they wanted to test the market they would've only released 1 set since set1 has jojo part 1 and 2, they also did this with Adventure time where they released all 5 seasons on the same day

they've gone one step further with Fairy Tail and made a mess of releasing everything, i get they released later parts earlier for people that imported the inbetween that they didn't bother releasing originall ybut it doesn't exactly make any sense why they'd just give up importing the rest either
It's probably a case where streaming numbers for the first three series looked really good so they expected that to translate well for home video sales and sadly didn't make as much as expected.

Fairy Tail is already an established release so it's expected for them to release the rest but I do agree they released it all way too fast

AL originally released Fairy Tail upto part 21. But then lost it when their Funi deal ended. So Manga are just continuing the original release schedule of zero and the final season. They just happen to be choosing to give all the earlier parts a blu ray re release as the 11 collections.

AL originally released Fairy Tail upto part 21. But then lost it when their Funi deal ended. So Manga are just continuing the original release schedule of zero and the final season. They just happen to be choosing to give all the earlier parts a blu ray re release as the 11 collections.
Manga released the first 2 collections on Blu-ray in 2014 and 9 volumes on DVD between 2012-2014 and then 2 years later AL continued releasing the rest of the series on DVD only

It's not like Manga haven't done that before...

The amount of Part 1 releases they did on bluray with subsequent releases cancelled is staggering, hell one of the ones they cancelled was FMA: Brotherhood.

If things like JJBA can’t get released what hope do SoL or female aimed stuff have when manga release shonen shonen and Isekai. Like ReZero is the only show I’m watching this season I can say yeah will get a UK release (probs nowhere like S1’s mind you)

Manga released the first 2 collections on Blu-ray in 2014 and 9 volumes on DVD between 2012-2014 and then 2 years later AL continued releasing the rest of the series on DVD only
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I didnt buy any until it wa AL releasing it. What a ride fairy tail has had. At least its finally getting completed!

Back