UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Eh even if these do get released I've already got Haruhi and Clannad to watch on DVD and Blu-ray respectively. Gonna go out of character and say I really didn't enjoy K-ON that much so that's a miss as well lol.

anyone have quintessential quintuplets and can look at their disc 2? there's some weird trail from the top of disc 2 badge that goes to the outer edge of the disc, at first i thought it was just some sparkling effect but disc 1 doesn't have it and it only shows at certain angles

Is Guilty Crown pt 2 out of print? I cant find it on Anime On Line, it just lists part 1
Guilty Crown is estimated to expire within the next 0-12 months or so, as it's one of the Aniplex titles Funimation had. I don't expect Manga to re-release or reprint the series at this point.

Ah sure. Just updated my previous comment with both covers. Not heard of this second version but I have noticed a lot of places don't update their listings with the final version for quite a few earlier Manga releases
It's not even that there were two versions. I mean, the stores sometimes show a different one. Eg CeX above. Thanks for the pictures.

It's not even that there were two versions. I mean, the stores sometimes show a different one. Eg CeX above. Thanks for the pictures.
Ah didn't check the link above. That's probably one of those covers I was talking about that got changed before release and CeX just haven't updated their listing to the new one.

anyone have quintessential quintuplets and can look at their disc 2? there's some weird trail from the top of disc 2 badge that goes to the outer edge of the disc, at first i thought it was just some sparkling effect but disc 1 doesn't have it and it only shows at certain angles

I suspect some one will have it, I have bought it but it has not arrived yet and it's combined with some other stuff from UP1 so could end up being the end of Novemeber, but I'll try and send you a message when it does arrive if that helps. But it does sound like it could be a minor visual defect.
NormanicGrav has the US limited edition on there blog with pic's of the disc 3/4 of the way down but I have no idea if those disc are even remotely similar to the UK ones

@Grimraven Guilty crown Blu ray pt2 is still up on UP1 for 14+P&P, but as others mentioned Cex is also an option
@Relaxo Part 1 I believe does use the same art work as the US one (just UK is blu ray only so doesnt have the extra banner at top with "Blu ray + Digital or DVD" so UK version is maybe cropped less)

Last edited:
I suspect some one will have it, I have bought it but it has not arrived yet and it's combined with some other stuff from UP1 so could end up being the end of Novemeber, but I'll try and send you a message when it does arrive if that helps. But it does sound like it could be a minor visual defect.
NormanicGrav has the US limited edition on there blog with pic's of the disc 3/4 of the way down but I have no idea if those disc are even remotely similar to the UK ones

@Grimraven Guilty crown Blu ray pt2 is still up on UP1 for 14+P&P, but as others mentioned Cex is also an option
@Relaxo Part 1 I believe does use the same art work as the US one (just UK is blu ray only so doesnt have the extra banner at top with "Blu ray + Digital or DVD" so UK version is maybe cropped less)

disc labels are slightly different with the number being on the right side and both having the same colour also noticed the cover is oddly zoomed in slightly here and there's no red border around the screenshots on the back

Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious: The Complete Series – moves from 23rd November to 30th November
Fire Force: Season 1 Part 2 (Episodes 13-24) – moves 23rd November to 30th November
Fairy Tail: The Final Season: Part 23 (Episodes 278-290) – moves from 30th November to 7th December
Hunter X Hunter Set 1 (Episodes 1-26) – moves 30th November to 7th December
Dragon Ball Z: Season 2 Including Steelbook – moves from 23rd November to 14th December
Fairy Tail Collection 7 (Episodes 143-164) – moves from 30th November to 14th December
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest: Season 1 – moves 16th November to 21st December
Kemono Michi: Rise Up – The Complete Series – moves from 30th November to 28th December
Fairy Tail: The Final Season: Part 24 (Episodes 291-303) – moves from 14th December to 28th December
Dragon Ball Z: Season 3 Including Steelbook – moves from 21st December to 25th January
Dragon Ball Z: Season 4 Including Steelbook – moves from 25th January to 22nd February
Dragon Ball Z: Season 5 Including Steelbook – moves from 22nd February to 29th March
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 Including Steelbook – moves from 22nd March to 26th April

16th NovemberARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 1 (LE / BD / DVD)
23rd NovemberCautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (LE / BD / DVD)
Dragon Ball Z Season 1 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Dragon Ball Z Season 2 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Fire Force Season 1 Part 2 (BD / DVD)
30th NovemberCautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (LE / BD / DVD)
Fairy Tail Collection 7 (BD / DVD)
Fairy Tail: The Final Season: Part 23 (BD / DVD)
Fire Force Season 1 Part 2 (BD / DVD)
Hunter X Hunter Set 1 (BD)
Kemono Michi: Rise Up! (BD / DVD)
My Hero Academia Season 3 (BD / DVD)
My Hero Academia Seasons 1-3 (BD / DVD)
Steins;Gate the Movie: Load Region of Deja Vu (BD / DVD)
7th DecemberAkira (4K UHD & BD LE)
Dr. STONE Season 1 Part 1 (HMV BD / BD / DVD)
Hunter X Hunter Set 1 (BD)
ID: INVADED (LE / BD / DVD)
Wicked City & Demon City Shinjuku (LE / HMV BD / BD / DVD)
14th DecemberDragon Ball Z Season 2 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Fairy Tail Collection 7 (BD / DVD)
Fairy Tail: The Final Season: Part 23 (BD / DVD)
Fairy Tail: The Final Season: Part 24 (BD / DVD)
Golden Kamuy Season 1 (BD / DVD)
High School DxD BorN (BD / DVD)
21st DecemberARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 1 (LE / BD / DVD)
Dragon Ball Z Season 3 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Fairy Tail Collection 8 (BD / DVD)
28th DecemberDr. STONE Season 1 Part 2 (LE / HMV BD / BD / DVD)
Fairy Tail: The Final Season: Part 24 (BD / DVD)
Kemono Michi: Rise Up! (BD / DVD)
4th JanuaryBungo Stray Dogs Seasons 1 & 2 (BD / DVD)
11th JanuaryGolden Kamuy Season 2 (BD / DVD)
18th JanuaryHetalia: The Beautiful World & The World Twinkle (DVD)
Hunter X Hunter Set 2 (BD)
25th JanuaryBlack Clover Season 2 (BD / DVD)
Dragon Ball Z Season 3 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Dragon Ball Z Season 4 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Fairy Tail Collection 9 (BD / DVD)
Fairy Tail: The Final Season: Part 25 (BD / DVD)
1st FebruaryFruits Basket Season 2 Part 1 (LE / BD / DVD)
8th FebruaryBungo Stray Dogs Season 3 (BD / DVD)
Bungo Stray Dogs the Movie: DEAD APPLE (BD / DVD)
No Guns Life Season 1 (BD)
15th FebruaryFairy Tail Collection 10 (BD / DVD)
HUMAN LOST (BD / DVD)
22nd FebruaryDragon Ball Z Season 4 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Dragon Ball Z Season 5 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
1st MarchFairy Tail Collection 11 (BD / DVD)
8th MarchMy Hero Academia Season 4 Part 2 (LE / BD / DVD)
15th MarchHunter X Hunter Set 3 (BD)
22nd MarchDragon Ball Z Season 5 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Dragon Ball Z Season 6 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)
Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 2 (LE / BD / DVD)
29th MarchFairy Tail: The Final Season: Part 26 (BD / DVD)
5th April--
12th April--
19th April--
26th AprilDragon Ball Z Season 6 (BD STEELBOOK / BD)

2htRt1ol.png

Last edited:
With Weathering With You stock not arriving until around 14th to 20th December, Manga's release of Akira will be the first UK anime release in 4K Ultra HD - stock is already available via United Publications.

Back