UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

hoping for re-releases on the Certain series so i can avoid the dvd case blu-ray releases and i wouldn't mind Space Dandy either since the AL release only has a 2.0 audio track for the dub but the funi release is 5.1

hoping for re-releases on the Certain series so i can avoid the dvd case blu-ray releases and i wouldn't mind Space Dandy either since the AL release only has a 2.0 audio track for the dub but the funi release is 5.1
Funimation don't have UK/IE rights to Space Dandy so that won't be under Manga.

Same.
Ouran, AssClass, Shimoneta, Psycho Pass S2/Movie, Hyouka, Haruhi, Lucky Star should get re-releases as some of them are near impossible to find now.

I would be the happiest person if Manga announces Hinamatsuri, Teasing Master Takagi-san and Chio's School since Manga have been released stuff like New Game, Dragon Maid and Dumbbells and I don't want them to lose that SOL comedy streak.

If they're considering catalogue series I would love to see Boogiepop and Others, Kyousougiga, Harukana Receive, Keijo, Konohana Kitan, Space Patrol Luluco, Izetta: The Last Witch and of course, Symphogear. Most of my choices are pretty niche so I'll keep my expectations low lol

If they're considering catalogue series I would love to see Boogiepop and Others, Kyousougiga, Harukana Receive, Keijo, Konohana Kitan, Space Patrol Luluco, Izetta: The Last Witch and of course, Symphogear. Most of my choices are pretty niche so I'll keep my expectations low lol
Symphogear will most likely be Anime Limited

If they're considering catalogue series I would love to see..... Harukana Receive, Keijo
Keijo thankfully is cheap enough to get hold of (for now) so a localised release is not as necessary. Bit the bullet and imported Harukana Receive (thankfully region B too) as that seems its chances of coming here are basically 0%. Seems nothing will revive sports anime here!

Keijo thankfully is cheap enough to get hold of (for now) so a localised release is not as necessary. Bit the bullet and imported Harukana Receive (thankfully region B too) as that seems its chances of coming here are basically 0%. Seems nothing will revive sports anime here!
While the whole Free series and Hanebado are Region A only.
Why Funimation...

I know isekai and action shonen are what's popular in the UK market but I sure would love more variety. Thankfully Manga have licensed more seinen series this year like New Game, Golden Kamuy and Bungo Stray Dogs so it could be worse.

Yeah admittedly that's kept me from buying some series. Their inconsistent pricing is confusing.
Indeed, it's the same for me. I would love to own a lot of the recent Manga titles, but the SRP has not discounted well across all retailers. United Publications is the closest and it still doesn't feel like it hits the right range. The £29.99 SRP works because titles like Quintuplets can reach a range like £17 new day one on UP1 or MVM's AOL sale.

There's also the case where a niche title like Kemono Michi (which I really enjoyed watching for the most part) is not going to get the high sales at £39.99 SRP.

I think their site is down.

EDIT: They said in a reply to someone there is no plans for Index, Railgun etc so that really sucks for me.

Last edited:
Back