UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I'm with Grav on Arifureta & Cautious Hero being guilty pleasures. Would be nice if they raided the back catalogue of titles from before they Funi / Manga fusion like: DxD NEW, Date A Live, and Deathmarch, Recovery of an MMO Junkie.
I think Dr. Stone & MYA season 4 are 100% though.
I agree.
Hope MangaUK takes a look of Takagi, Chio, Hina, LOTGH DNT, and Golden Kamuy.
5 of my most requested show's.
I may got US copies for two of them I want a UK copy for them.
Date a Live would be nice since that show has been on Region A lock hell for the longest time.
Dr Stone and MHA S4 are coming for sure.
Lost hope for Free since Haikyuu tanked in the UK :(

I agree.
Hope MangaUK takes a look of Takagi, Chio, Hina, LOTGH DNT, and Golden Kamuy.
5 of my most requested show's.
I may got US copies for two of them I want a UK copy for them.
Date a Live would be nice since that show has been on Region A lock hell for the longest time.
Dr Stone and MHA S4 are coming for sure.
Lost hope for Free since Haikyuu tanked in the UK :(
Golden Kamuy is one I forgot about but would be great. I think at one point it may be something AL pick up if they don't.
I've got the AU releases of Date A Live s1 & s2 but with s3 out would be nice to get a UK version.

Another 100% cert I forgot about is MHA: Heroes Rising. Another Steelbook maybe?

Looks like MangaUK Q4 announcement has been pushed back to Monday
What series are you looking forward to seeing in the UK?
chio and hina would be nice, 2nd season of DxD would be great too so i can finally watch this copy of S3 i got from AL and the S4 i have on pre-order, wouldn't mind if manga dug into their past releases and gave us Trinity Blood too now that the license has expired with MVM

and without exceeding the man of culture limits, i wouldn't mind keijo but i know that's never getting released over here

I really want Ace Attorney. I watched the first season on Funi Now (which was a a struggle, because I had loads of issues with FN), but I'd like to get both seasons on BD.

The two Danganronpa 3 series too.

Edit: Oh actually, I think AA is a Crunchyroll licence. I remember AL announced it ages ago, so I assumed that wasn't happening with the Manga/Funi takeover, but now I've got no clue.

This one is in the dream category with a 1% chance.

Diamond Is Unbreakable 🙏

Come on Manga, you've earned a lot of good faith, don't go quitting another series halfway through!

This one is in the dream category with a 1% chance.

Diamond Is Unbreakable 🙏

Come on Manga, you've earned a lot of good faith, don't go quitting another series halfway through!
If it doesn't sell well I don't see the point in continuing it tbh. It's annoying sure but not unreasonable.

Doubt JJBA is a weak seller though

chio and hina would be nice, 2nd season of DxD would be great too so i can finally watch this copy of S3 i got from AL and the S4 i have on pre-order, wouldn't mind if manga dug into their past releases and gave us Trinity Blood too now that the license has expired with MVM

and without exceeding the man of culture limits, i wouldn't mind keijo but i know that's never getting released over here
Chio and Hina would be lovely.
Won't be touching DXD until Manga releases all seasons for it.

Manga should get Shakugan no Shana since MVM license is expiring.
They should also bring some AL Funi stuff like Ouran, AssClass, Wixoss, Hyouka, Shimoneta, Yona and Snow White.

Chio and Hina would be lovely.
Won't be touching DXD until Manga releases all seasons for it.

Manga should get Shakugan no Shana since MVM license is expiring.
They should also bring some AL Funi stuff like Ouran, AssClass, Wixoss, Hyouka, Shimoneta, Yona and Snow White.
honestly with the limited amount of space they give non-shonen i hope they don't really waste slots on stuff that is already released on blu-ray over here

Well my biggest take away is Shakugan no Shana might get a release. Do we know when the liscense expires? I might import the funi sets if it's too far away but I'm sure they are region locked. It bothers me that MVM just sat on it.

Well my biggest take away is Shakugan no Shana might get a release. Do we know when the liscense expires? I might import the funi sets if it's too far away but I'm sure they are region locked. It bothers me that MVM just sat on it.
As I've mentioned numerous times, MVM couldn't get their hands on Season 3 due to licensing issues with Universal, which is why the franchise was incomplete over here. Considering they haven't bothered with Blu-rays (though most were upscales), the series probably did not sell enough to warrant the upgrade.

Manga Entertainment Q4 2020 release slate - Batch 1:
  • Fairy Tail: Collection 6 - Blu-ray / DVD - 5th October
  • Fairy Tail: Collection 7 - Blu-ray / DVD - 26th October
  • Fairy Tail: Collection 8 - Blu-ray / DVD - 30th November
  • Fairy Tail: Collection 9 - Blu-ray / DVD - 21st December
  • Fairy Tail Zero - Blu-ray / DVD - 5th October
  • Fairy Tail: Final Season: Part 1 - Blu-ray / DVD - 9th November
  • Fairy Tail: Final Season: Part 2 - Blu-ray / DVD - 14th December
(Disclaimer: Amazon links are affiliated, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Back