Malaysian DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuvie

Student Council President
Sorry in advance to the mods if this is a touchy subject. I'm not trying to peddle these DVDs.

Just asking any of you guys if you've tried out those Malaysian DVDs that you see on eBay.

I'm very tempted to try these since with some series, this is the only way they're ever likely to be available on DVD (I'm talking some of the older gundam series eg X, V & turn A). Seems like their feedback is mostly positive too. I guess there is the option of watching better subs & all online but I'm too much of a physical copy type of person.

Anyway, let me know.

Aren't the vast majority of DVDs from Malaysia counterfeit? (Pretty much every listing I've seen from Malaysia have been).

In my experience they are mostly bootlegs. In my misguided youth I purchased some and I regretted it. The quality of the transfers is really off and on one of the disks it was unwatchable.

I understand your frustration mind about the older gundam series. I would love to own Turn A Gundam and Victory, ZZ to complete my little UC collection. (America can keep G-Saviour though)

Yup, feels pretty likely that this thread will be shut down by a mod (if I say "Rui", Arby or Ryo might do it just to prove me wrong :p). You could save up for the JP releases of the various Gundam shows, but I am not going to pretend like that is a cheap option.

I have no idea if it's fake or not, but my when I asked my brother to buy me a copy of House of Five leaves from Amazon for a birthday present, he ignored my advice and bought me the cheapest option which just so happened to come from Malaysia. It was OK and functioned, and the box looked pretty proper, though I wouldn't exactly put money on it being a legit copy.

It is indeed a touchy subject ^^; seriously, even downloading is slightly less appalling, even though that's also a touchy subject and not something I recommend starting topics about. Please don't help the pushers of these bootlegs continue to make money from confused buyers.

In some cases legit overseas versions exist for shows not licensed in English, which can be obtained more cheaply than the Japanese versions. The Malaysian ones which float around on auction sites are most certainly not in this category.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back