Love and Lies Review

Onosume

That Aikatsu Person
AUKN Staff
Love and Lies could have provided an interesting social commentary with its core concept of government arranged marriage, but instead presents us with a haremesque romantic drama with strange execution that pulls its best punches when it’s not actually focusing on the romance.

Continue reading...

I just binge watched this on Amazon Prime, and as usual didn't read the reviews first because I wanted no spoilers. I thought the premise was promising, as as I watched the anime it appeared the male protagonist was being put into the position of having to choose between two women he loved, and who loved him, and the two female protagonists didn't want to express the thought "I love the other girl as my friend, but I need you to choose me as your wife."

Whoever the male protagonist chose, his decision would would bring regret. So what the series seemed to leading us to was a painful decision that he, as a newly minted adult, was going to make.

Instead, what we got after 11 episodes of coming to the place where he should have to make that extremely difficult decision, he punts: he says I can't make that decision. Well, Japanese society as depicted in the series won't allow that non-decision His and Ririna Sarada's family won't accept that non-decision.

I was ready for him to choose, and live with one set of regrets, because he knew he had to pick a path. I give this series a 1/10 because the series didn't resolve realistically in accordance with the rules of that world or or satisfactorily in him making a decision..

Back