London Expo here we go

Shades

Hunter
just informing you that im Just about to leave for the london expo, im only telling this to make you jelouos, first of im meeting valha then from his house tomorrow morning straight there hurray, i hope i have i good time, il miss all of yous over the weekend but il tell you all about it when i get back, so arivaderchi (cant spell it) talk to yous lot on monday when i get back.

Manga UK should have announced their new licenses by now... Now it's just the painful wait to discover what they've picked up. (Come on, FLCL and Berserk ;) )

Just got back from the frist day and sure had fun.
I didnt hear anything from manga about new series.
tho i got to see the frist eps of Gravion, Paranoia Agent, Aquarian Age and Tsukihime Lunar Legend. When they introducted Tsukihime Lunar Legend they said something about a LE set to go with it.

I did go in the end, i seemed to be in pretty good health some how come saturday. It was alot of fun, and there were actually quite a few people cosplaying, more than i thought anyway....and most of them seemed to be cosplaying from Full Metal Alchemist, i saw a couple of Goku's too.
I can't say the journey home was very comfortable though, close to 300 miles sitting in some of the most uncomfortable car seats ever. We got lost a little trying to find the darn place as just as my dad guessed the sign posts always run out when you most need them, and i learnt something about the geography of our country, quite embarrassingly i always thought that Essex was up country with places like Liverpool

expo

I think mainly the staff were dressed as peeps from FMA. Dogs of the military. I went on both days. Sunday was so quiet. Please people post who you cosplayed as. Me and my friends were there. Yuna, Lenne, Uo, Tohru and Me. (sakura)

Charter_Mage said:
i learnt something about the geography of our country, quite embarrassingly i always thought that Essex was up country with places like Liverpool
That's funny! Never thought of myself as a Liverpudlian before :wink:
I'm 45 minutes away from London but I had no interest in lugging 3 children (including a baby) all the way there. The reason I'm no longer going to Aya is because of the baby. She's a wonderful child and would be 2 years by the time it comes around, but I can't see myself having much fun trying to keep her under control (she's very feisty :wink: ).

I don't think i would want to go to a convention either if i had to try and look after a baby as well, having to try and push past people and if you want to buy things you have to try and get in amoungst the people all around the tables (something i'm not very good at anyway).
Hay liz i think i saw a Yuna but i'm not sure about the rest of you, i would say the most common costume choices were Edward from FMA and the Sailor scouts....and those girls that wear cat ears.
I want to go i Aya but it's more of a big day long thing, i was only at the Expo from 2:30 onwards, it would probably have to be a over night thing and that probably wouldn't be possible for me. If i go though, i definatly want to cosplay (this probably means i won't), all the way home from the expo (except for the times i was sleeping) i was thinking about who i could dress up as and how i could possibly make the outfit, that and wishing i had a portable dvd player to let me watch my dvds and bring me some entertainment on the long drive home.

Also i thought Brighton was up country to, i seem know nothing of our country

well i was there and i think that i saw yous lot but maybe not cos their wee quite a few cos players, anyway it was good fun and i got a few DVDs and loads of freeBes.

hehe

Yeah. It seems to me girls are the majority who cosplay as Ed. One looked great. She had a metal arm and the funky hair! It was so fun. Hehe. Anyone watch the crazy wrestling thing? Pretty cool. That was the first time I'd bothered with going to a convention. Might make it a habit! :D I saw the guy who dressed up as Akabane.

Yeah mostly girls dressed as Ed, except one guy who asked me about my pucca bag, i didn't see the really good one you said about though, do you know who won the cosplay contest?
It was cool getting to see lots of famous people, now i can annoy my family endlessly while watching things like Smallville and saying 'i saw her, i saw here' (refering to the girl who plays loise lane), and then going into loads of detail about what good friend we are now etc, etc. It was great getting an autograph from a real anime voice actor aswell

Rawr

Haha. Yeah. The guy who dressed as alucard (hellsing) won the contest on saturday and someone from the expo staff won on sunday. I got a few of those "good costume" things. But i didn't realise what they were until sunday, and I gave them away to everyone else. I'm sad now, back to school (well I'm ill today but will be going back tommorrow) and I have no money! I think £10 to get in was a little... Hm... can't think of the word but I'm annoyed! One of the guys running a stall owns this comic book store near me (My main manga resource) I was like (O_O) WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!

i think that the prices for autographs were a bit steap though i mean £10 -£20 quid for one picture and a signature is abit out of my price range

Guests

Mm. Jessica (a friend, Tohru) wanted willow's girlfriend's autograph. She seemed really nice until she realised that Jessica had a five pointed star pendant on. She hit the roof! Jessica was being lectured by this crazy lady and I was trying to hide my amusment. And yeah soo much free stuff! I don't know where to put all my things! Damn my box-like room!

guest stars

Uo offered this guy some sherbert suff and he thought it was cocaine. There's something about my friends. They displease actors! Gah! I can't get my avatar to show up. It's 100X 79 and only 16.5 k. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?

*2 mins later*: Hah! Ok never mind. I have done it!

I got richard epcan autograph my froiend my flirting with him, she kept saying he looked like tom jones lol

what was the time of the cosplay competition because i was there till 6 and i didnt know where it was?

Back