London Comic Con May 2014

HellCat

Death Scythe
Didn't see a thread for this so hope no one minds me starting one.

Occuring at the end of this week. Anyone else going? I should be there on official doody the Sunday, though I'm actually looking into seeing if I can pull off some cosplay this time.

I should as usual be wandering round on the Saturday. Bit of a shame the anime panel is on the Sunday this year but I guess it just means I'll have to check out the announcements on here.

COMING THIS SATURDAY: WORLDS WILL COLLIDE.
OLD FACES WILL EMERGE, OLD ALLEGIANCES WILL BE REFORMED AND OLD GRUDGES WILL BE REIGNITED.
IT'S THE EVENT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MISS THIS SUMMER!

That said, the ticket price has clambered ever upward. I, for want of a better scapegoat, blame the consumers.

It's certainly handy to get in for free as press, though I'm technically working and I try to balance it out by leaving the booth freebies for those who had to pay and wait in line.

I'll be there on Friday and Saturday. I wish i could make the sunday, but i doubt i will be able to. We'll see though. But yeah, i'll be rocking my Hitomi Hoody while i'm there, so that should narrow me down a little.

Tube strikes?

I wonder if I'll see anything as surreal as getting on a replacement bus with a guy in a banana costume like October.

And a fun day was had.

They really seemed to have improved the layout. The main hall was pretty much the same but they seem to have learned that if they're going to take up two sides this means they can actually offer some decent space. Still spots of gridlock but most stalls were spread apart and there were wider areas to go eat, make phone calls or just catch your breath. Still needs some tweaks but this is very much on the right track, I think.

Chatted to a few people including Ashens and his nephew (top blokes) and even helped the winners of the Film Race get to the panel screening. I didn't go full cosplay but was wearing an EFSF cadet jacket. To which I say if the guy who asked me about it after the Industry Panel (the only one all day :cry: ) is reading this- thank you, sir. But you damn spacenoids must be defeated :p

Didn't buy much, just some posters and a shirt from Ashens, a G1 Acguy kit from the Gundam stall (was really tempted to get the Build Fighters stuff I had on backorder, but the mark up seemed a bit much, sorry) and a Transformers 30th blind bag (got Prime Megatron, yay!).

Speaking of Build Fighters, I think someone in the artist alley was selling Sei and Reiji shota.

Back