Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII announced

Ath

Pokémon Master
Yup, it's not called Final Fantasy XIII-3. Yep, Lightning is the only playable character. And yes, I stayed up to watch the conference for some unfathomable reason...

IGN story with basic details here

-Set aaaaages after XIII-2
-13 day doomsday countdown (Majora's Mask style)
-Direct control of Lightning for the action sequences, seems more real-time action...or it could be a load of QTEs
-Emphasis on exploration
-2013 for Japan at least

More in-depth look at 1up

Good niiiight...

I'm still refusing to get excited about anything FF related until I see some reviews. XIII was perhaps my biggest gaming disappointment ever, and I've been playing games for a loooong time.

I'm sorry, I think people have unrealistic expectations for this series sometimes. The older games aren't that much better than the newer ones, it's only compared to the other games of the time they stand like giants. Back then there were only Squaresoft or Enix RPGs that really had any quality, now the games are so much harder to make this generationa nd a few othe rgreat RPGs are around. Final Fantasy XIII wasn't a bad game, I really enjoyed it, and it still oozes quality more than games like Tales of and Magna Carta (both series I also like) in my opinion.

I don't think I'd ever been excited for a game as much as I was for Final Fantasy XII, it didn't really reach my expectations for it but it was still and excellent game and I feel the same way about XIII.

I'd rather they worked on a real new game (even within the same universe if they liek) than continue the very confused and fragmented canon of these Final Fantasy XIII characters though.

Back