Left 4 Dead II

Voddas

Symphogear
Was reading up on THIS hands-on preview from "Rock, Paper, Shotgun". Looks good to me. I loved and am still loving L4D like, so it's no suprise that I'm excited about this. Thought I'd give any fans a heads up (if they hadn't already heard something). ^_^

PRESS RELEASE

VALVE ANNOUNCES LEFT 4 DEAD 2

Sequel to Best-Selling Co-op Thriller Coming This Holiday

June 1, 2009 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2), the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-operative multiplayer thriller.

Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 and PC, L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-operative action games and become one of 2009’s marquee titles.

“A large part of how Left 4 Dead became 2008’s top-selling new IP on Xbox 360 and the PC was the custom-tailored gameplay made possible by the AI Director,â€

I've never been much into zombie-horror type stuff, or that into multiplayer shooters so even owning most of Valve's other stuff, I've neglected this. It'll be a shame if this is all they have to show at E3 this year. Strange to think it has been two years since Portal / Episode Two.

I do love L4D but Valve doo need to get their finger out and get Episode 3 out asap!!
...I've almost forgotten what a crobar looks like. O_O

They jumped the shark with this game, wasn't needed at all, L4D isn't the Call of Duty franchise. I'll only get it so I can play as Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince.

It seems to be coming out ridiculously soon after the last one given their usual glacial pace. Surely it could mostly have been done as an expansion, though that would make them less money.

R

Rui said:
It seems to be coming out ridiculously soon after the last one given their usual glacial pace. Surely it could mostly have been done as an expansion, though that would make them less money.

R
That's what I thought. It is a kinda out of the Blue release like. Especially with bigger games still production (Episode 3 eg). Maybe they need the cash? I know I'll be one of the people supporting Valve in my own purchasings. =P

Rui said:

R

This is the general consensus. I don't want to go paying another £30 so soon for a few updates either.

Back