Killer7

I loved the concept of this game a disabled assassin with 7 personalities each with its own power, have yet to try it out but love the idea of it big time.

Would also work well as an anime series

McIcy said:
Would also work well as an anime series

Agreed. The game was really just an interactive animè. Strong storyline and narrative too.

I'm currently on the 'Encounter Part I' chapter (in the fairground with the black market children trading concept). Amazing video game.

I actually got into a debate with two people at work yesterday (at time of writing) who are both a few years older than me and I was saying that I like to play video games and see more video games made that are still enjoyable experiences to play but also engage on a more mature and mental level.

I told them about this game and a few others (like Ico, Shadow Of The Colossus, Silent Hill franchise etc.) and for some weird reason in both instances they said "Games shouldn't attempt to cover certain aspects."

I asked them what they meant by that and they said games should be left to be played without any attempt to tackle more mature subject matters and concepts (like political issues, social issues, world issues, ethical and moral situations etc.). They also, in not so many words, believed games shouldn't try to enter the realms into more artistic expression.

So basically what they were saying, bearing in mind both these gentlemen are in their late twenties, is that games must remain outside of evolutionary progression (which is next to impossible) and remain a simple pleasure for people seeking "cheap-thrills".

Don't get me wrong, I like brainless and fun video games (as I do with films as well) but as some one who is getting older and mentally developing, along with the enjoyment of playing a good computer game, I also want to be benefited from time to time with a more mature engagement with my mind.

I know people have "their own opinions", which is fine, but some of these general views effect me as a consumer (i.e. games that I would like to play won't be made thanks potentially to these views).

Rant over.

yeah I definetly aggree Hovis, I think games that challenge normall thoughts and ideals are simply more interesting, for example I really liked the moral views that were challenged on Metal Gear Solid, like the fact that psyco mantis killed thousands of people just because he saw them as mere breeders,'thier only desire to pass on ones seed'

There is a feeling that this guy is actually trying to justify why he kills and I find that things like this (which are littered throughout the metal gear series) just give the story line that phsycological intreage...

Hideo Kojima is a genius.

but anyway,, I guess this is one of the reasons why I like manga and anime so much,

Thanks for that view. It was interesting to read. :)

I'm actually really far into Killer 7 now. One of the most engaging games I've ever played.

Anyone reading this who likes anime and wants a more surreal and challenging video game experience I highly recommended this title.

i've not played Killer7 but i do know it is mean to be good. Only thing slightly related to it is that they added the 'killer 7' weapon to Resident Evil 4 which i think maybe just like a small reference to the game Killer7 since the weapon looks the same to the on this game.
i prefer games nowadays to be more complex really, i'm into games that make me think about what to do next..strategise and really be a challenge..if a game is simple and a cheap-thrill, yes it maybe good for a little while but it won't keep me as occupied as other games such as say an RTS, which can require you to think a lot on what you do and how you see it through.

I finally completed this game and rate it as one of my favourite video games during the current generation of consoles. Absolutely incredible!

Amazing storyline (with a very strong narrative), good cast of characters (if some what psychologically defected), solid combat system and GREAT puzzles. It reminded me of a graphic adventure without any of the gameplay mechanics that comes with the genre (if that makes sense!).

I also feel out of all the video games I've played, it handles brutal violence the best, in the sense that it depicts it quite brutally and savagly, without any of the "cheap-thrill" baggage most video game violence seems to be lumbered with.

Thought I'd share those thoughts!

Back