Keiji Fujiwara passes away at 55

Wow, he was in everything, it seems like. Had a quick look in ANN’s filmography, and I know his characters from fifty shows, and realise he was in a few dozen more that I have in my collection. What a legacy!

Really sad news; his unique voice breathed life into a lot of my favourites. I was lucky enough to see him on stage a few times too and he had a great personality. Gutted.

R

RIP. Looking through his MAL page the biggest part in a show I've seen is Maes Hughes in FMA, although I've only seen the dub.
Loads of little parts in stuff I have seen in Japanese, the most prominent and recent being Senku's dad in Dr. Stone.

Truly sad news indeed.

Tokusatsu fans (specifically Super Sentai fans) would probably recognise him as the voice of Cheeda Nick in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. Fujiwara also voiced Jackpot Striker in Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger en Film.

2020 has been an awful year so far. COVID-19, mum being diagnosed with cancer and now Keiji Fujiwara's passing :-(

His best roles for me:
Hattori Zenzou (Gintama)
Ladd Russo (Baccano!)
Leorio (HxH 2011)
Maes Hughes (FMA)
Byakuya Ishigami (Dr. Stone)

I loved his cool, gruff voice. Such a great VA

I've noticed his pretty distinctive voice before, but I really became a fan when I got sucked into gacha hell Granblue Fantasy last year, where he plays Eugen, one of the main story characters. His recent performance of Reno in the FF7 Remake was also one of my favourite performances in that game, despite the relatively little screen time he has.

A damn shame, 55 is far to young. **** cancer.

RIP.

Back