Jerry Russell, North American voice actor, passes away aged 77

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Today, FUNimation Entertainment regretfully informed their followers on Facebook of the passing of voice actor Jerry Russell. Mr. Russell had recently visited hospital for a surgical procedure, but after contracting pnuemonia, developed complications that led to him passing away in his sleep surrounded by his family, which includes State Senator Wendy Davis.

Mr. Russell's most well known anime voice&nbsp;roles were that of Tim Marcoh in&nbsp;<em>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood</em>&nbsp;and Lamies in&nbsp;<em>Shakugan no Shana III -FINAL-</em>. His final voice performances were&nbsp;Grandpa Nirasaki in&nbsp;<em>Wolf Children</em>, which is due out in both North America and the United Kingdom later this year, as well as Chen Guoming in&nbsp;<em>Jormungund</em>.&nbsp;

As well as providing voice work for FUNimation, Mr. Russell was the founder of the Fort Worth theatre company&nbsp;<em>Stage West.</em>

Re: Jerry Russell, North American voice actor, passes away a

Ah man! He did a great job of Tim Marco from Fullmetal Alchemist and he also did a fantastic job of Kogan iwamoto form Shigurui Death Frenzy!

R.I.P. Jerry :(

Yet another person falls to hospital blunders, I'm so pissed off by them,

RIP tim morco And jerry

animefreak17 said:

Please think more carefully, that's not an accusation you should throw around lightly, or even be making as a 3rd party who knows nothing of what transpired.

Regardless, sad news that someone from the industry (or in general) has passed on

Rosencrantz said:
animefreak17 said:

Please think more carefully, that's not an accusation you should throw around lightly, or even be making as a 3rd party who knows nothing of what transpired.

Regardless, sad news that someone from the industry (or in general) has passed on

Sorry but I don't trust hospitals, and yes your right it's a very sad day for his relatives and friends and th le industry

Back