It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

memorium

Za Warudo
... And I'm all outta gum.

So guys, it is finally here, Duke Nukem Forever that is, some of us may have been excited for the last 13 odd years, some of us maybe a bit indifferent.

What are your opinions guys? Some Australian guy has been uploading footage since yesterday and I have to say, despite the changes made to the gameplay I believe it would still be a fairly good game.

*I realise that I am a complete idiot for putting this in the wrong thread, not a lot I can do now*

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been enjoying it, It's a good laugh. I never played the other games that much, I think i might of rented one as a kid but thats all.

reminds me alot of Doom 3 and serious sam, so i'm sure most fast paced fps fans will like this

/v/ generally abhors it, though the footage I've seen comes across as being suitably inane and self-indulgent. Considering that Duke Nukem has never been a cerebral franchise, such qualities I deem more appropriate than open-ended levels and strategic conservation of resources. (Indeed, searching for Duke3D keycards did grow tiresome.)

I enjoyed it, there's a bit later though when duke catches up with his twins and welll... his remark comes off a bit insensitive.

I know I know, it's Duke Nukem, not a character driven struggle about one man's lone crusade against a hoard of Alien invaders.

Other than that I hate when people bring up graphics, Games always seem to be poor review performers when they have last gen graphics, reviewers should remind themselves the reason they play games is for entertainment, not awe-ing over the visuals of a 10 minute cutscene.

I know i'm in the minority here but this was more satisfying than any of the single player campaigns in Call of Duty.

Omaru_SD said:
I enjoyed it, there's a bit later though when duke catches up with his twins and welll... his remark comes off a bit insensitive.

I know I know, it's Duke Nukem, not a character driven struggle about one man's lone crusade against a hoard of Alien invaders.

Other than that I hate when people bring up graphics, Games always seem to be poor review performers when they have last gen graphics, reviewers should remind themselves the reason they play games is for entertainment, not awe-ing over the visuals of a 10 minute cutscene.

I know i'm in the minority here but this was more satisfying than any of the single player campaigns in Call of Duty.
The graphics only seem to be a problem on the console versions of the games, I saw TB play the PC version and that looked fine

Maxon said:
Omaru_SD said:
That's like saying drinking piss is better than eating ****.

I don't know about the other CoD games because I've not played them yet, but the single player campaign in Modern Warfare 2 was excellent.

Back