import help!

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Hi guys need your help again! I am trying to find a website that sells import games that dosent get hit by customs when they reach this side. Does anyone have any good sites for this cause I cant trust amazon! I am trying to get yakuza ishin and the idolmaster 2 for ps3. Thanks in advance for any help!

I've only ever used play-asia.com for my import games. I've never been hit with a customs charge for anything I've bought from them, but it's probably just luck...you'd be very hard pressed to find somewhere that was guaranteed you'd be safe from charges.

I've been hit with Play-Asia, so you can either budget for that or pick somewhere like Yesasia who will try to ensure it gets through.

Amazon will prepay customs so you don't get any fines, by the way, so long as you order direct through them and pick an appropriate shipping method. They won't always ship games to the UK though.

R

I got my copy of idolm@ster 2 from yesasia and it didn't get hit by customs (mostly because they didn't declare the correct amount), but it will take at least three weeks after shipping to turn up (you should, if you haven't done so, set up a Japanese PSN account (it only requires an email address that isn't currently linked to a PSN account, an ID that isn't currently used (you can add a number to the end of any PSN account you already have) and a Japanese postal code to get around filling in the address part of the account creation process) as there's an update for Idolm@ster 2 that needs to be downloaded, and I'm not sure if the update will either download or install if a non Japanese PSN account is used to obtain the update).

demonix said:
I got my copy of idolm@ster 2 from yesasia and it didn't get hit by customs (mostly because they didn't declare the correct amount)
I thought they stopped doing this? If they're back to defrauding customs they'll become my go to again. Excellent news.

I've always been hit with customs from Play-Asia, even for things that shouldn't have been (but was too young at the time to know how to dispute). However, in exchange for that risk, Play-Asia are really speedy with sending things out.

ayase said:
demonix said:
I got my copy of idolm@ster 2 from yesasia and it didn't get hit by customs (mostly because they didn't declare the correct amount)
I thought they stopped doing this? If they're back to defrauding customs they'll become my go to again. Excellent news.
I don't think they actually stopped doing that as they've only changed the process of shipping items into the country.

Nippon-Yasan does a lot of game -not sure if they have the ones you want- and I've used them a few times for figures and never had any problems with them.

They will declare a lower value on the customs form if you ask them to in the comments section when you order, I got something from them yesterday I asked them to declare 1500yen and when it came it had $10 on the customs slip

I actually have another suggestion here. I recently imported 3rd Super Robot Taisen Z from japan using Nippon-Yasan and it was able to by-pass customs too. It's only the one purchase i've done with them, but i think they might be a promising one to turn too.

My buddy keeps on trying to sell me on Nippon-Yasan all the time, and he is someone who does know what he's talking about. They're pretty good for PSN credit tickets and the like, too.

I'm actually going to consider Nippon Yasan for importing games but I would like to know a few things.
- On the delivery section it says No Customs on certain options, would that guarantee that the item won't be hit by customs?
- How much delivery costs.
- Anyone who experienced it have any good thoughts about the service?

All the games I want are way cheaper on NY than Play/Yes Asia (except Initial D: Extreme Stage which isn't on the site).

NormanicGrav said:
I'm actually going to consider Nippon Yasan for importing games but I would like to know a few things.
- On the delivery section it says No Customs on certain options, would that guarantee that the item won't be hit by customs?

All the games I want are way cheaper on NY than Play/Yes Asia (except Initial D: Extreme Stage which isn't on the site).

If you're in the UK and an item's value is below £15 including delivery it's exempt from VAT so that could be why some items say no customs. If the combined price is over £135 you pay additional customs duty too which can be a lot. If you can get the things you're after for under £15 then wait until you get a dispatch email for each one before ordering the next just in case they decide to package them together. It can get pricey if the royal mail slap their handling charge on it too (another £8 on top of the vat).

Alternatively the company could have a UK warehouse and transfer shipments in groups, like some amazon sellers do and then dispatch it from there.

serpantino said:
NormanicGrav said:

If you're in the UK and an item's value is below £15 including delivery it's exempt from VAT so that could be why some items say no customs. If the combined price is over £135 you pay additional customs duty too which can be a lot. If you can get the things you're after for under £15 then wait until you get a dispatch email for each one before ordering the next just in case they decide to package them together. It can get pricey if the royal mail slap their handling charge on it too (another £8 on top of the vat).

Alternatively the company could have a UK warehouse and transfer shipments in groups, like some amazon sellers do and then dispatch it from there.

Interesting information, I'll keep that in mind. My item from Nippon did arrive like normal without any custom charges but like any other it was pure luck-based.

I am also from the UK if you like to know. :wink:

NormanicGrav said:
Interesting information, I'll keep that in mind. My item from Nippon did arrive like normal without any custom charges but like any other it was pure luck-based.

I am also from the UK if you like to know. :wink:

Lol that's a relief, otherwise my info would've been completely irrelevant! Yeah you can get lucky some times. I guess it depends on how much more potentially valuable stuff is going through customs at the time, I'm sure they're encouraged to go for the high risk items and big buck stuff. I would also guess that if you ordered something regularly around the same time every week or month they'd get suspicious and open it.

Back