Images on My Website

Zoro

Completely Average High School Student
Hello!
I'm sarting an Anime website and there's a doubt i want to clear out to made things by the legal way.

I want to post some articles with images from anime episodes.

Some of them i have the dvd's.

I can post the images from my dvd's and don't have to reference any company or i can but i have to make a reference to the original productors?

What about if i post some images from anime i don't have?

I can't do it? I have to reference them?

Best regards

ilmaestro said:
You are fine to just go ahead and use them under fair dealing/fair use laws.

So i can put any image even if they are from dvds i bought or not since i put something like this "this images belong to ...." ?

Zoro said:
ilmaestro said:

So i can put any image even if they are from dvds i bought or not since i put something like this "this images belong to ...." ?
How you got it doesn't matter, why you're using it does.
Finding who the image actually belongs to might be very, very, very hard.

Unless you're dealing with advance copies and or publishing commercially don't worry too much.

Sticking appropriate pictures in to go with a review/news story is fine, as is it running in the background of a photo or something.

Reaper gI said:
Zoro said:
ilmaestro said:

How you got it doesn't matter, why you're using it does.
Finding who the image actually belongs to might be very, very, very hard.

Unless you're dealing with advance copies and or publishing commercially don't worry too much.

Sticking appropriate pictures in to go with a review/news story is fine, as is it running in the background of a photo or something.

I see. Thanks for everything :D

By way of a disclaimer you can add something the effect "If you own this image and do not wish wish it to shown on my site let me know and I'll take it down" on your site.

joanne_chan said:
By way of a disclaimer you can add something the effect "If you own this image and do not wish wish it to shown on my site let me know and I'll take it down" on your site.
That wont cut it if you use someone's image and they don't want you to; they can still troll the **** out of you by going legal and getting you fined. Or at least it happened to a blogger I read about.

Back