IMAF

melonpan

Death Scythe
Well... i went to IMAF, and i must say it was definately a great sucess, the place was totally packed, and extremely well sign posted. They had 2 cafes near County Hall renames Manga Cafe, and it was all in all very good. I saw the first 2 eps of Samurai Champloo, but then my parents wanted to go coz they needed to get to sumthing else, coz we were all staying at a hotel thingee and going to see Chihuly Glass at Kew Gardens lol, so anyways Samurai Champloo absolutely ROCKS! and i have to buy the dvd now, OMG im so excited.!

Who else went? :shock: :p

I popped in briefly for about 20 minutes just to check it out. I should be going properly on Tuesday. (Samurai Champloo was on wihle i was there too :D )

Got to admit, I got lost a couple of times, but there's some cool stuff there certainly. Now I've just gotta get ahold of some money and get back down there!

Did I go to the right IMAF? ;-)

The place was pretty empty on Saturday lunchtime. Took a few wrong turns before working out that it was up the glass steps. The competition entries were all very good, but there was very little in the way of commercial stuff. £18 for a DVD direct from ADV? I can get it cheaper from HMV. Not much selection of manga to buy either.

Watching the guy drawing manga electronically was great, fascinating stuff.

Finished it off with a trip to Yo! Sushi round the corner.

IMAF yay

cornixt said:

There was a Yo! Sushi??? I wish I knew... :(

I was cosplaying as Tifa from Advent Children ^_^ zuki, jen-chan, rozie and jess also came. Chobits was hilarious! Did you go to that 3 for 2 sale? It was good but Expo will be better, I think.

Re: IMAF yay

[
cornixt said:

There was a Yo! Sushi??? I wish I knew... :(

I thought with all those Cafe Manga signs they might sell something Japanese there, so I asked and got directions to the Yo!Sushi.

I was cosplaying as Tifa from Advent Children ^_^ zuki, jen-chan, rozie and jess also came. Chobits was hilarious! Did you go to that 3 for 2 sale? It was good but Expo will be better, I think.

I saw one person in Cosplay but didn't recognise the character.

Although 3 for 2 is good (about 30% off I think), there wasn't that big a selection. Even my local Waterstones has a wider selection, although not the quantities.[/quote]

Back