I'm Back and I have one favour to ask.

theirsbailiff

School Idol
Hey everypeoples. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm theirsbailiff; the guy that doesn't post much and just lurks for a living. I have moved from my hometown of London to an undisclosed location that I'm not telling you guys about no matter what* and I've been without internet since Mid-March and now I want to know what's happened in the following topics:

*Anime/Manga (Obviously. Specifically what's happened in the UK Anime Community, though I don't mind you guys telling me the goings on in the US, Australia and Japan as well)
*Video Games (I've heard that Microsoft and Sony have announced and possibly released the new versions of the Xbox and Playstation respectively and I want to know a lot more about them, but I also want to know what new games have been released and what ones I should be looking forward to)
*Comic Books and Cartoons (The western equivalent of Animu and Mango. I want to know what new comic plotlines have been made (Mainly, are they still writing Spiderman in incredibly stupid storylines) and what new cartoons are coming out and what new seasons have been released.)
*Television (There's gotta be some new shows that are coming out, new seasons of existing shows and shows that are ending or have just ended that I've got to watch)
*Tecnology (Are Apple and Samsung still battling out over who makes the better phone? Is Microsoft still trying to get people to buy Windows 8? Has RIM gone down the crapper yet? All this and other questions I haven't asked that I want to know right away)
*Web Culture (People still spout out May-Mays, right?)
*Music (I want to know everything about the current status of music right now. And by everything, I mean Radiohead**.)

I also want to know about other things that have happened in other topics I haven't mentioned from you guys. I've missed a lot of stuff over the past few months and I really want to catch up as quickly as possible.

*Though I will give you guys a clue; It's not in Europe and the only television I can get is Middle Eastern
**Just Kidding. Or am I?

Last edited by a moderator:

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
Anime/Manga
- Anime Limited have collaborated with a french streaming website to make a UK version called Wakanim. They will be streaming to the UK and Ireland by bringing us shows like Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco (both are Aniplex shows that were geolocked from us). They provide a DRM free download option for most titles, more is explained in the thread.
- Anime Limited themselves have licensed the following: Durarara!! (BD/DVD Box 1 and 2 with English dub/Japanese dub), Naikon Daimon Brothers (DVD), Perfect Blue (BD/DVD & DVD ~ Delayed to 28th as final artwork not finalised on time), Gurren Lagann (BD & DVD Box 1 and 2 with Subbed only Movies and Parallel Works), Garden of Words (BD & DVD ~ rumours that this film will be part of the Shinkai collection). Cowboy Bebop Box 1 has some issues which are fixed for the second print run (ETA unknown) and therefore a lot of AL titles have been delayed to fix certain issues.
- Manga UK haven't done much, they have licensed Attack on Titan and Karneval while announcing details for previous licenses including Blood-C Movie, Eureka Seven AO and Fairy Tail (now getting a Blu-ray release). The stock for Devil May Cry and Naruto Unleashed Season 1 and 2 will be available once again.
- Kaze UK have disappeared (not officially) with various production delays and one massive fail (Bakuman had JP~FR~EN subtitle issues, thus Season 2 was cancelled). Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail will be released November 18th.
- Funimation have announced the English dub list for Evangelion 3.33, the film should be released at some point in Q1 2014.
- Funimation and Sentai Filmworks will be releasing Subtitle only titles from December 2013 onwards with the following: OniAi, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, So I Can't Play H, Casshan and much more.
- Ikki Tousen Season 3 will be released in January from Funimation.
- Aniplex USA have Fate/Zero Season 1 (Nov), Fate/Zero Season 2 (Dec), Blue Exorcist Movie (Dec) and Magi Season 1 (2014) on the horizon.

Video Games
- PS4 will arrive on November 29th, £349
- Xbox One will arrive on November 22nd, £429
- Fez II was cancelled by Phil Fish's Twitter rage
- Wolfenstein: New Order is delayed till 2014
- Injustice: Ultimate edition will be heading to Vita and PS4.
- Half-Life 3 rumoured there and then.
- Higurashi: When They Cry sound novel will be arriving to Steam via Greenlight approval.
- Steins;Gate visual novel will be coming in English translated in December for PC.
- GTA V so far hasn't been controversial (apart from one torture scene in-game and UK shopper getting stabbed but survived).
- There's a High School of the Dead game on Vita, Slotting Machine style.

Television
- Walking Dead Season 4 is arriving soon on FOX.
- Breaking Bad Final Season has recently ended, Complete Collection set arriving in a few months.
- Dexter Final Season still airing on FOX.
- Elementary Season 2 (US ver of Sherlock) will be on Sky Living at some point.
- The X Factor is still poisoning the UK Music industry.
- Anime is on TV now via Sony Movies Channel every Monday midnight.

Zin5ki

Railgun
I count a full eight favours being requested. Be thankful that you are taking refuge in the safe havens of Parts Unknown.

Mutsumi

Guild Member
I'm more curious as to why you feel the need to conceal what you have been up to. It all seems very suspicious... Until you said about middle-east TV, it sounded like you'd been in prison for the past six months...

All I'm getting at is that whatever the reason is, you must believe it is something we would think less of you for, else you wouldn't feel you had to hide it. Tell us, we might surprise you.

theirsbailiff

School Idol
Mutsumi said:
I'm more curious as to why you feel the need to conceal what you have been up to. It all seems very suspicious... Until you said about middle-east TV, it sounded like you'd been in prison for the past six months...

All I'm getting at is that whatever the reason is, you must believe it is something we would think less of you for, else you wouldn't feel you had to hide it. Tell us, we might surprise you.
It's not prison, but I just don't feel comfortable telling people (Outside of close friends and relatives) about where I am now. I'll probably tell you guys about where I am at a later date and feel more comfortable with telling you guys, but right now I'd rather not say.

Mutsumi

Guild Member
Certainly intriguing though. I figure it cannot be something as simple as migration, holiday, long-term visit to family overseas, etc.

On the other hand, if it was something really bad, I doubt you'd have said even the little you did say...

Oh well, the only situations I can think of that fit the available information are situations I would consider highly improbable.

Either way, I shan't probe you any deeper. Take care, and tell us when you are ready, when you can tell us about how whatever difficulty you were in at the time is over and that things are better for you after.